Width of a textbox in a Matrix

Is there any way to make the witdth of a text box in a matrix constant Without making the whole matrix editable = false or something like that? The problem is as following: The user change the width by accident and next time he or she starts the form the text box in the matrix only show half of the text in it. Then he or she have to change it every time… [V] Anybody who got some suggestions or hints?

You could try setting SaveColumnWidths to ‘No’ on the form properties. This would stop the column widths being saved in the ZUP file so although the columns can still be resized the orginal width will be there each time the form is opened.

The Navision Client saves all user preferences in the ZUP file. If your users resize a column to be smaller that preference will be saved. But if they then change it back to its original size, that last preference will also be saved. Do these users open more than 1 Navision Client at the same time? Is it frequent for them to get a “Do you want to replace the ZUP file?” message when exiting Navision?

Seems like the SaveColumsWidth property on the form was a good idea. I will try it and see what the customer says. Thnx…

OK, but that’s not the real question as the users should be allowed to change the Forms to whatever suits them best. Oh, well, they’re not my users anyway… [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by nelson
OK, but that’s not the real question as the users should be allowed to change the Forms to whatever suits them best.

Oh, really? And who said

quote:

I’ve used it on the Main Menu so the users would loose the habit of working with maximized forms…

in http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11086[?][:D]

Hey! [}:)][}:)][}:)] But I also said it was not a proper solution:

quote:

Originally posted by nelson
I’ve used it on the Main Menu so the users would loose the habit of working with maximized forms… [:p] It is, of course, not a proper solution but a workaround you can implement while you further study the problem.

Do as I say, not as I do. [:p] [:D]

I’m pretty sure the “not a proper solution” referred to applying the suggested options to my problem, not to your modification of your main form. In either case, nothing beats the power of selective quoting [:D][:D][:D]

And they say Austrian people are nice… you, you, you… argh!

Am I not? [;)]

Maybe you are, maybe you’re not. One thing’s for sure: you have elephant memory! [:0] Either way, that’s what I get for trying to read other people’s questions between the lines. [:(] [:p][:D]