User with Backup Role ONLY

I want to create a user whole role is only to back-up Navision DB. Now have created the Backup role and started assigning permissions. So far have added the folowing but still when trying to backup the system requests for more and more objects. Have no idea the exact No of objects i should add until the system prompts me that i dont have permission to a certain obj.

Object Type Object ID Object Name Read Permission Insert Permission Modify Permission Delete Permission Execute Permission Security Filter
Table Data 3 Payment Terms Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table Data 6 Customer Price Group Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table Data 9 Country Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table Data 13 Salesperson/Purchaser Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table Data 77 Report Selections Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table Data 156 Resource Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table Data 167 Job Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table Data 2000000028 Table Information Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
System 5410 Tools, Backup Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Does any one know all the relevant objects i shold add ?? Thank you.

Probably you should give read permission to all tabledata and maybe also to all other objects. This because they are read and then saved into the backup-file.

Thanks Kriki. It has worked but now tell me this

havings created the ROLE with all those permissions, i need to sent this role to my client so that they can now assign a user to it. How do i export it to them

Thank you.

Hi,

You might want to reconsider this.

If you give someone access to take a backup, then this person have FULL ACCESS (incl. all data) if he restores this copy to a local PC!

In case you don’t have problems with the issue Erik mentioned, you can copy-paste the role + its permissions to Excel. Then the customer has to create it manually.

Another way is to create a dataport with both role and permissions (you need to put some filters to only export that role+permissions), then send the dataport+file to your customer to import it.

Some things to consider:

-Your customers license needs execute permission on the dataport.

-The custome has to import the file putting Navision in the same language as the one you used to export it (to have the correct values for the options)

-Before sending it, test it!