Upgrade to Attan 3.70 codeunit 104045 step 1

We are in the process of upgrading a client’s data to 3.70. I am currently running the codeunit 104045 Step 1. It has been running for the last 25 hours and the progress status is Database (2083084 records) Progress 32% and Item Ledger Entry (383053 records) Progress 50%. I am concerned about the time it is taking to complete this codeunit. We are following the hardware recommendations for the upgrade as given in the Upgrade documentation which is as follows: Use a server-class machine. Use SCSI drives. Start the Navision Server with 300MB Cache. Run the upgrade process on a Navision Client, started on same machine as the Navision Server, with 32MB of Object Cache. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ideas why it is taking so long? Any suggestions how this can be made to run faster? Thanks. Pari Somasundaram

While upgrading you should stop the Navision Server, and instead start a local client on the server, opening the database directly. This gives much better performance, because it doesn’t need to communicate thru the network. This also ensures that no other users are connected to the database.

Well… it depends also how big is your database. When upgrading, as Lennart told you, use a local client for opening the database directly instead of using clien/server mode. Also if you have memory enough, raise your dms cache and your objects cache. Sometimes also the upgrade toolkits are not so performance optimized as they should. You can easily recognize this if while your process is taking that long you can see on the bottom bar of the program things like “Searching record on item ledger…”. That will mean that the process is not using the correct key and so it’s taking a long time of the process just on searching the right records through the filters. You can also increase speed correcting those key problems.

You have to do two things: 1. Add a new key to Item Ledger Entry table: “Location Code”, “Bin code” 2. Add a line to a function LocationHasBins() of the codeunit 104045: SETCURRENTKEY(“Location Code”, “Bin Code”); By these two things, I hope you know why the performance degradation happens. Please let me know how far you could go in the 3.70 upgrade. I am asking this because I have another problems in later step and wonder whether or not you will have the same problem. Thanks, James Kang

Hi! I am just in the process of upgrading to Attain 3.70. I had also problem in codeunit 104045 step 1 because the use of Bins and Locations. I solved this by adding this line to the function LocationHasBin: ItemLedgEntry.SETCURRENTKEY(“Location Code”,Hyllekode); //Next lines are originals ItemLedgEntry.SETRANGE(“Location Code”,ItemLedgEntry.“Location Code”); ItemLedgEntry.SETFILTER(Hyllekode,’<>%1’,’’); EXIT(ItemLedgEntry.FIND(’-’)); This code helped a lot!! Best regards Bente

Thanks James. I had also sent a support request to Microsoft and I got the same response. After adding the key, and using it in the code, the process completed in 15 minutes. I just came back here today to see if there was any other response. Thanks again. Pari Somasundaram