Navision 2.6 vs Navision 3.7

I am considering upgrading to Navision 3.7 (from 2.6). The largest problem is that Navision 3.7 seems to be slower than 2.6. Can anyone confirm this? I was also told by my NCNS that in order to properly convert the 2.6 database to 3.7 she had to use some sort of special conversion application. Is this true?

2.6 → 3.1 → 3.7 Regards

We going to upgrade from 2.6 to 3.7 as well. I have not seen any issues with it being slower. Perhaps you’re using it on a computer for trial purposes that isn’t a server? Typically you will not see the performance on a desktop PC that you will on a server. As far as the conversion application, I would never recommend trying to do this upgrade yourself. There have been significant data changes from 2.6 to 3.7. Changes that really require a true professional to handle. If you are interested, I can give you some contact information for a company that specializes in upgrades…their pricing is very competitive and they do quality work. Just send me an email.

You can convert 2.60 to 3.70 directly (unless you are running AD, then you need to go to 3.60 then 3.70). The special conversion application is probably the upgrade toolkit? If you have no custom fields in any tables, the NSC can use this without modification. If there is custom fields, then this toolkit may have to be modified. As far as slower, 3.70 is technically slower (mostly on posting because of the detail ledgers/value entries), but most people wouldn’t notice. Unless you are doing heavy posting, then you would probably find it marginally slower.