Sales Analysis By Dimensions & Expected Costs (Nav 5.0)

Hi all

I’m wondering if anyone can help me figure how to include expected costs in Sales Analysis by Dimensions.

We have expected costs turned on and use analysis by dimensions on the GL no problem but I need to get quantity figures for sales so use the Sales Analysis by Dimensions for this. I have an Analysis View set up across our two global dimensions, update on posting is ticked and it is working fine but have discovered that the figures are out of sync with the GL because it is not including expected amounts.

I’ve looked everywhere for a setting that I missed but can’t find anything. Has anyone any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks

Rebecca

In the structure of the row you have an “invoiced” flag. This will be ticked as it is excluding the expected costs which are not invoiced. My memory tells me you need to add a second line the same as the first to show these, and a third to sum them, although by now they may have altered the field to display all entries, I cannot remember and do not have the software in front on me, but this is your field. [:D]

I think isn’t necessary to add that 2 column. But I can’t confirm it also. [:P]

Hi Rebecca,

The Guys are correct on this… if you look at the column view on “SALES” on Cronus you will see an example.

Hi everyone

Thanks for the replies.

So does this mean I can’t just use the Analysis By Dimensions (with one global dimension as lines and the other as columns) but create an Analysis Report instead?

Rebecca

The analysis by dimensions is a simple one stop shop where you do not control what it is showing you, so if it does not show expected you have to use the analysis views and create your own to get this information. To set the code in one way they would had to have made a decision, and the decision was that until it is invoiced it is not a sale (which is pretty reasonable) giving you the option to create your own with the analysis view - the “advanced” option!

Thanks again Adam.

It’s a pity because what I want is a matrix between the two global dimensions like the GL one but I don’t think this is possible because you can’t insert the dimension as columns, so I’d have to filter on each dimension value in turn to the get the quantity.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

The Sales analysis by Dimension should include expected sales (i.e. sales shipped not invoiced) in the figures. It is not possible to split out the figures which you would need to use an analysis view.

I have done a test on V5.0 with two dimensions e.g. Industry and Product group and the expected sales is included to the sales total (in quantity,sales amount and COGS)

You can verify this by posting a shipment (in a test DB) and drilling down on the sales figure. You will see that the total includes Sales Amount (expected)