Reservation Management

In Navision 2.6 if the Purchase line has some quantity reserved and if the “Posting date” is not same as the “Expected Receipt Date”. The system does not allow the posting and gives the following error - “Expected Receipt Date must be the same as the posting date when a quantity is reserved.” The error is coming because of the following code written in the codeunit 90 - IF PurchLine.“Expected Receipt Date” <> ItemJnlLine.“Posting Date” THEN PurchLine.FIELDERROR( “Expected Receipt Date”,‘must be the same as the posting date when a quantity is reserved’); When I commented the line, It again gives me the error from CU400 because of the following code in function TransferPurchLineToItemJnlLine()- ItemJnlLine.TESTFIELD(“Posting Date”,PurchLine.“Expected Receipt Date”); I want to know the consequences if I comment the code in both the codeunits. Why navision has implemented this validation?

Just a thought but can you use code to change one of the dates to match? Is the Expected Receipt Date used for anything after the receipt? If not, you may want to consider changing it instead of commenting out what appears to be important tests.

Ya u r right. Even I was thinking of implementing the same but Why navision has implemented this validation so strictly as there are check in three codeunit - 90,400 and 22. Why is it necessary for Expected Receipt Date to be same as teh Posting date?