Report(Account Schedule)

Hi,
My requirement was to get certain field underlined in Account Schedule Report.
for ex:-

Description … … .Amount
Source of Funds … 1000
APPLICATION FUNDS… 300

TOTAL … 1300

If i use underline option from Account Schedule Line, it underlines for all the fields in Report. I need only underlined for the Amount column.

Thanks in advance

Subha

Sorry… its just how it works. Complete line will be italic, bold etc, whatever you select in Acc.Sched. line definition.

This is a problem of the report designer, which doesn’t allow dynamic formatting of controls. If you take a look at the report 25, you can see that for each format (underline, bold, italic, …) there is a separate body section with all columns formatted equally. It would be awesome if not impossible to supply more sections for each variation of column format (for example 1st column bold, 2nd column italic,…). The only possibility to track this issue is, in my opinion, trying to implement some kind of dynamic formatting. May be the printer accepts some control sequences for bold, underline etc., but the next problem may be to send these esc sequences to the printer, because there seems to be a filter which ignores special characters… - another problem is of course the implementation into Navision. To provide new fields in table 334 “Column Layout” similar to the fields Bold, Italic, Underline in table 85 “Acc. Schedule Line” is not sufficient because you have to specify the format for each combination of row and column and this could either be achieved by a new table or by new fields in table 85 like bold2, italic2, …,bold5, italic5,… - I think, the report can not handle more than 5 columns - fortunately…

Report Designer is a problem… [:)]

But - you always have an opportunity to use 3rd party one, I would suggest Crystal Reports, but there are some other out there… Colleagues prefer Jet Reports, f.e.

Hi,

Thank you for the information

Thanks

Subha