QUality control

Hello Experts,

i gone through the QC module in Axapta 2009. But it does not have much functionality.

Let’s say i received a RM materilas 150 KGs from vendor AB001.

150 KGs has 3 different lots . XY 001 , XY002 , XY003.

After QC test , QC person told out of 3 lots 2 lots accepted , 1 rejected.

that means XY001 , XY 002 accepted . XY 003 rejected.

How to do this using QC module in AXPAta.

I need to test RM material lot wise .

Is it possible in AXAPTA 2009 ?

Please let me know

It is not possible to process through your description in AX2009. The idea of the quality system is to build a series of tests, they can still fail and you pass them, but what you do with them after the failure is up to you. You could push them into quarantine orders and perform the tests on the quarantine order and use these to reject the stock, but you do not define the batch until it is in stock, and once it is in stock you then need to credit return it.

Thanks Steve,

what you are telling is totally opposite to company’s working style.

I am not talking about anyy ERP software , i am taking general functionality of a company.

1. they will place a purchase order

2. they will receive the material ( they will update the Material inward register)

3. they will put the stock in quarantine .

4. they send the sample to QC .

5. If QC is accepted then they will update the stock ledger.

6. they will send into main warehouse

7. if QC is rejected then they will rasise the return order send it to vendor.

but in your explanation what you are saying is if it rejected then u create the quarantine order .i think the concept is totally wrong .

what my undderstanding is first we need to create the Qurantine order , then QC.

Please correct me if say anything wrong.

Let me know your valuable explanation on this my dear sir.

Hi Ameen

Essentially your whole statement is wrong [:D]

You need to set your item group up to use quaranting orders. You then need to configure the quality control testing associations to be triggered by the quarantine order, in this manner the stock is received into the main warehouse, AX transfers it to quarantine and the quality order is raised upon it. The quality order handles the testing side, and the quarantine order the stock. You would need to configure it and test it to see if the process flow works for you, but it is basically how you described it in your second post, but significantly not in your first.

Hi steven,

U did not understand my question properly.

first thing is you are talking about AXAPTA , but what i am talking & explaining about the general industries scenerio.

so finally it is not possible in Axapta as for the companies scenerio.

Thanks and regards

Hi Ameen

I answered your business question with an AX answer as that was what you seemed to want.

In essence AX can do the following:

1. they will place a purchase order

2. they will receive the material ( they will update the Material inward register)

3. they will put the stock in quarantine .

4. they send the sample to QC .

5. If QC is accepted then they will update the stock ledger.

6. they will send into main warehouse

7. if QC is rejected then they will rasise the return order send it to vendor.

I believe that is what you want so I will say yes AX can do that.

Thanks steven,

let me understand properly .

first which order do i need to create ?

is it Quarantine order or Quality order ?

please throw some information on this.

did you how to configure this in ax2009

Ameen,

Did you configure below scenario in ax2009, and if yes than pls let me know…

"

Let’s say i received a RM materilas 150 KGs from vendor AB001.

150 KGs has 3 different lots . XY 001 , XY002 , XY003.

After QC test , QC person told out of 3 lots 2 lots accepted , 1 rejected.

that means XY001 , XY 002 accepted . XY 003 rejected.

How to do this using QC module in AXPAta.

I need to test RM material lot wise ."

Hello Ameen, for the product you want to perfom the quarantine and quality control, you should check in the Model InventoryGroup, Configuration tab, Quarantine management.

Then the warehouse it is going to be available from needs to have a quarantine type warehouse attached to it, in that way, AX will automatically create a quarantine order when product is received, and instead of being entered into the normal whse it will enter the quarantine whse.

The quarantine order could trigger a quality order, automatically by using Quality relations, when the quality order is finished, you can RAF the quarantine order and End it, by doing so, AX will automatically move the product from the QT whse to the usual whse.

I don’t have very clear how to handle rejections, I will investigate and let you know.

Regards, Héctor

Hi Héctor ,

Did you get the solution ?

Unfortunatelly not yet

Regards

Hi,

When we have Quarantine order created and thereby creaetd a Quality order for the respective Quarantine order.

For example : If we have Item QTY: 10 at price 10.00 and in quality process it is found that only 8 QTY are good and other 2 QTY are damaged.

then I believe we have an option to fail whole QTY in Quality Order or pass only 8 QTY. As there is no integration between Stockmgt and Quanlity orders there is no effect on stock postings. Even if it is pass or fail, the Item qty updation will not be effected.

If user want to scrap 2 QTY, from Quarantine order he can perform Funtions/scrap, which will take care of updating only 8 QTY to Main warehouse and remaining 2 QTY as scrap.

Once invoice is updated, the cost of 8 QTY (80.00) will be updated as Financial cost of the item and 2 QTY value(20.00) will posted to Stock loss account.

Hope this helps.

• Jagadeesh K

Hi Jagadeesh,

As you know , it is not scrap to post financial value to Stock loss account . Supplier had sent the damaged material , after quality process rejected mateial should send back to vendor . So in the Quality process there should be some option to reject the material lot wise as i requested above instead of treating as scrap.

The item is in stock (in a quarantine warehouse) and you load the purchase return order and process it out (by lot) for full traceability, and you then have a shipment to match the purchase credit note against.