Problem with NAS(Navision Application Server)

Hi!

I am really new in this Navision World, I hope that some body can help me to get known with Navision.

Her is my Prosject, I have to develope a .NET application that will communicate with Navision by use of Navision Application Server. We have received a demo CD with alle Navision 4.0 SP2.

I did install Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision and MicroSoft Server Option for Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision

I can see that a Database with name Navision Demo Database(4-0) isinstalled in my Database engine( local)

then I did install NAS, but when I try to create a SERVICE as it says in the documentaion( ex:

nas appservername=nas1, servername=srv1, company="Cronus

International Ltd.", startupparameter=p)

and I get the following messege

C:\Programfiler\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Application Server>nas.exe
appservername=test1, servername=BARCA, company=“testCompany”, startupparameter=
p
Date: 22.02.07

• 11:06:14:
    11:06:14: Navision Application Server version 4.0 SP2 (Build 22100)
    11:06:14: Copyright (c) 1987-2006 Microsoft Corporation
    11:06:14:
  • 11:06:15: The TCP/IP connection’s ‘host’ is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNR
    EFUSED).
    11:06:15:
    11:06:15: You can see how to make changes to your ‘hosts’ and ‘services’ files
    in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need a
    ssistance.
  • 11:06:15: The Navision Application Server test1 could not initialize properly.

11:06:15: The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is
successful.
11:06:15:

As it sayes I have to make some changes in my host and services file, what changes I have do!?

I believe that I have to open some TCP port in services and make som references to server in host!!! but how or what?

any help is acceptet with appretiation

First:

Can you ping BARCA ?

What nettype do you use when starting a normal client ?

Can you at all start a Navision Client on that machine and connect to the server ?

Hi, first of all, thanks for your response.

yes I can ping BARCA.

TCP

yes I can start a Navision Clientwhich I can connect to a demo database and bing up the test company too.

I did managed to run NAS as a service finally but when I checked the EventLog I see a warning with following message:

The TCP/IP connection’s ‘host’ is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).

You can see how to make changes to your ‘hosts’ and ‘services’ files in the documentation.

Following line is added to my hosts file:

10.0.0.1 BARCA

Following line is added to services( it’s probebly not right)

test1 9550/tcp #Navision test service

As I mentined I installed Whole application on a single PC(BARCA), is it ok to do?

In general, if you are not able to connect to a DB, add NETTYPE=TCP. This because since version 4 (I think), Navision uses TCPS as default … but I have never seen it working…

If it is a test DB, no problem installing both on the same machine.
If it is a production DB, it is best to avoid it, because the NAS can use the CPU, memory, disks that are needed for the DB-service. But most customers don’t want to buy a machine for only the NAS, so…

Thanks for your reply,

Now I have oter problem and mainly its about license fil, I get these to warning on my EventLogs

The operating system cannot find the fin.flf

please heck that the driver, directory and file name are correct

You have not selected a database

I am sure that I have this file in my istallation folder and I have a CRONUS.FLF file in the same folder and I tried to use this(rename this as fin.flf) but I get same result, any idea!?

1. you need to put the license file in the subdirectory of the NAS and it needs to be named fin.flf. (PS don’t use the Cronus license, but a ‘real’ one.

2. your NAS needs to connect to a DB-service. Probably this service has no DB named to which to connect.

You did not set the right parameters for your NAS service. There is a folder on the NAV product CD called ‘Doc’. In this folder oyu will find a pdf called w1w1ATAS.pdf. Read this entire document and try to figure out what went wrong. Good luck [:)]

Hi,

my issue with License file is resolved but I have this old prblem again, tons of the following warning in my Event logs

The TCP/IP connection’s ‘host’ is not answering(TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).

you can see how to make changes to your ‘hosts’ and ‘services’ files in doc…

and my hosts and services are the same, I am confused!!!

Is this problem have any thing with DNS and AD!? here is the scenario:

my PC is member of domain at the office but usually I did not log my pc on the domain, I do log on my PC, is this a problem regarding the problem with TCP/IP!?

I did read the doc, I will go through doc agin to see if there is some thing that I overlooked.

Thanks all of you for your advised.

have you solved the

The TCP/IP connection’s ‘host’ is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).

You can see how to make changes to your ‘hosts’ and ‘services’ files in the documentation.

problem?

if YES → HOW?

best regards