Pakcing slip ledgers are not posting

Hi All,

I have created a sales order with an item and posted the packing but it does not post the packing slip and packing slip offset accounts

Configuration :

Inventory Model group :

Post physical stock - Yes

Account Receivable Parameter - Post Packing slip in ledger - Yes.

can i know what would the additional setup i am missing. ?

Make sure that item is not service item. Secondly, is the physical negative inventory checked? Check with the stock of item.

Pranav…

Thanks Pranav,

a) It is not service an item , it is an item with stock

b) Yes

c) Qty reduced in the system.

You should also mark post physical revenue…in inventory model group

-Jagadeesh K

Hi Jagadeesh,

Could you explain what is the difference betwen Packing slip and Packing slip revenue in Item group under sales tab ?

When we mark the below two options…the ledger physical voucher must have been updated/created. sorry for confusing you in my earlier post.

Post physical stock - Yes

Account Receivable Parameter - Post Packing slip in ledger - Yes.

• jagadeesh K

But it is not updating in standard product of AX 2009 .

What is the current stock of item? Also, try with other items having different inventory model, but physical negative inventory unchecked.

Pranav…

You mean to say , if the stock goes negative then system will not post the Packing slip ledgers ?

Ameen,

Have you checked the posting accounts are set for packing slip and packing slip offset for the item under sales order tab.

I believe this could the cause.

-Jagadeesh K

No , I have configured the Packing slip and Packing slip offset . Still it is not posting .

Tell me one thing what is the difference between packing slip and packing slip revenue ?

• when we want to post an estimated value of revenue to the temporary accounts. you have to specify Post physical revenue and set the packing slip revenue accounts. this purpose of posting could be specific to business processes…following the reporting of revenues.

here,

Packing slip will be updated with the item’s existing weighted avg cost price and

Packing slip revenue will be updated with the value on the SO.

-Jagadeesh K

Thanks Jagadesh,

In my scenerio I have configured the Packing slip and Packing slip offset accounts in the sales order tab . Still it is not posting .

Why ?

Is the update packing slip flag in the parameters set?

In teh stock parameters is “Post estimates periodically” under “Physical Posting” NOT set?

Yes in the APayable parameter.

It is not enabled in the Inventory paramenter.

Dont you mean AR parameter as this is a sales order?

So when you ship it and look at the stock transactions and under physical voucher what is there? 2 entries? Then what is the costing method and active cost?

Hi Ameen

Have you selected item code and account code as ‘All’ for packing slip and packing slip offset accounts??

Most likely, the item you’re packing doesn’t have cost price, so AX won’t generate ledger voucher.

In the Purchase order line level , i have entered the item price manually , even it is not generating the ledger voucher.

Can i know what is the significance of Cost price , where we need to update and for which costing method we need to update the cost price ?

It does not use the purchase line cost, it uses the item cost. Base cost price on the item card is used.