Navision 2013 Starter Objects

Hello Everyone,

We recently implemented Navision 2013 and was looking over the number of objects we have used. Upon checking we seem to have purchased additional objects. Based on the Navision Capability guide we should have the following starter objects:

Report Designer (100 Reports) – Module ID 7115 (it even says on the capability guide: Change existing reports and create 100 new report objects (numbered from 50,000 to 50,099).

Table Designer (10 Tables) – Module ID 7130

Query Designer (100 Query) – Module ID 7160

XML Port (100 XML) – Module ID 7140

Page Designer (100 Pages) – Module ID 7125

Codeunits (100)

We bought additional objects aside from this, for example Reports (100) - Module ID 8400, we only have used around 80+ reports but i feel that we shouldn’t have bought it since there should be 100 report objects available in the starter.

I’ve raised this with our Microsoft Partner who implemented our system and got the following response. I would just like to verify this if possible as I’m not convinced with their explanation (below is just for the Reports, other objects they say are also not included - only the rights to add/modify.

Report Designer, Table Designer, Query Designer, XML Port Designer and Page Designer included in the Starter Pack allows you to CREATE and MODIFY various “X number” of application objects (as specified in the granule). However, without the application objects, the purpose of having these free modules are defeated.
Report Designer (100 Reports) – Module ID 7115, this is different from application object “Reports” (module ID 8400). This allows you to create 100 new report objects (numbered from 50,000 to 50,099) and change existing reports. However, this does not mean that 100 application object “Reports” are included for free in the Starter Pack. There are no free application object “Reports” included in either the Starter or Extended Pack. In your license purchase, we have included 100 application object “Reports”. This explains why you have 100 Report objects with ID Range 50000-50099
Any response regarding this would be very much appreciated.

Welcome to forum!

To be honest, the issue you described is something new to me - but you can never know with Microsoft…

For years, if license included Report Designer (100 Reports) – Module ID 7115, it come together with additional 100 Report Objects in 50000-50099 range, too.
Afterwards, if that was not enough, you could obtain additional 100 or 10 or even 1 Report Object by purchasing Reports (module ID 8400 for 100, for 10 & 1 I don’t remember by heart the IDs on the spot).
The same refers to other types of Designers/Objects, only quantities change (10 tables, not 100).

However,

may be the case, as this might be either a country-specific granule packaging or time-limited special offer - normally those were NOT included by default and had to be purchased separately - but, once more, you never know with MS…

It’s rather weird to give a “free” tool you actually can’t use without additional purchases, like giving away car and asking $$$ for the ignition key later :slight_smile:

Hello Modris,

Thank you for the reply, You have a point, reading through the Navision capability guide over and over leads me to believe that this should be included but as you say you never know with Microsoft. Since this is already in the capability guide, this may not be an issue but may be open to interpretation.

I’ll be attending an event tomorrow in our local Microsoft office to try to get an answer again from them. I actually raised this with our local Microsoft contact i have, but keep directing me to our partner/implementor. Would be nice to have another opinion or someone from Microsoft answer this directly.

I’ll post back after the event.

Hmmm… I reviewed my answer to you after getting a similar question in another thread. Are you sure you’re speaking about NAV 2013?

What you described is the Starter Pack of NAV 2015, but earlier versions (neither 2013 or 2009) didn’t have those granules included in standard and had to be purchased separately.

Hello Modris,

Yes it’s NAV 2013 as we’ve implemented this. I’m still waiting for the MS representative to confirm the statements made by our vendor and get back to me but reviewing the capability guide of NAV 2013 (This seems to be a standard document of MS)

i noticed this part under the objects:

Application Objects

Codeunits (100)

10 Codeunits are included in the Starter Pack and 10 more are included in the Extended Pack. Additional groups of 100 are available in the Customization suite.

Reports (100)

Additional groups of 100 are available in the Customization suite.

Tables (10)

10 tables are included with the Extended Pack. Additional groups of 10 are available in the Customization suite

Reading through that it seems starter packs do not have the objects included (modules 8100,8200,8400 etc) as it does not indicate that this is included. For example, Report Designer’s 100 Reports may not be the same object number - i’m still confirming this though if the objects still need to purchase - but this is strange - MS themselves can’t give me a straight answer on this.

Is there a way to find out in the system if we do have capability to add 100 more objects or is this capability limited only to our vendor - not getting much help from them though. I’ve also checked our registered modules and 8400 (reports) only have 100 - the one we bought. I can’t seem to find the TXT you mentioned though.

Thanks!

Have you tried looking at the License Permissions report output?

Hello George,

Not sure how i can do this, is this in the object viewer?

I somewhat got an answer from my vendor as they tried adding more reports and it seems this worked. Though i would have liked to have an official answer but we seem to have exceeded the 100 reports which we purchased meaning we still have 100 more report objects to work around with - strange that the vendor doesn’t know about this.

My vendor kind of ate their words when they told me initially that the objects are not included and only the rights. They agreed to perform more tests but i guess this would have to do for now - not sure why i can’t get anyone from MS to answer this.