NAV 4.0 WorldWide vs NAV 4.0 US

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Navision 4.0 world wide client and the Navision 4.0 us client is? I ask because the only way that i can get a 4.0 and 4.0 sp1 client to run on the same machine.

The only difference should be the language files. Most specifically the STX.

From Microsoft:

quote:

SP1 is using the same GUID numbers in registry as Navision 4.0 as this is still a 4.0 release just a service pack (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products<GUID>). Therefore it is not possible to have both 4.0 and 4.0 SP1 installed at the same time. Each local version however has its own GUID, which makes it possible to install many different localized versions on the same computer, so as a workaround you can download the W1 executables and run your NA SP1 database with W1 executables and this way get around the problem.

Instead of “installing” both you can install the 4.0SP1 in one directory and copy the client files to a different folder on your machine for the other version. All you need to do then is to create two different shortcuts pointing to the two fin.exe files

When you have created the different shortcuts as Thomas advises, I would also change the property of the shortcut, so that you have different zup files for each shortcut. You can do this by going to the properties of the shortcut and then add the location to the target. Goes something like this: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\client\finsql.exe” id=C:\temp\navisql401 regards Daniel