Moving POs set up through a work center from "Qty on PORE" to "Qty on PO" in the item card

Hello,

I work in a company that uses Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0. We have set up work centers to handle subcontractor vendor work and they work well; however, instead of showing up in the “Qty on Purchase Order” field in the item card, these purchase orders show up in the “Qty on Production Order” field. I understand why this is set up this way, but I have received many complaints about this.

What I would like to do is modify the item table so that all purchase orders set up through a work center show up in the “Qty on PO” field instead of in the “Qty on Production Order” field. I have taken a look at the setup for both fields (qty on PORE, and qty on PO) in the item table, and I still can’t find a way to change this. If anyone knows of a way to modify this, I’d be very grateful for some tips/hints!

Thanks,

• Courtney

I don’t think u shud modify even if this is on sub Con Purchase Order, the cost associated with this order would be directly posted against that Prod Order.

Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:

I don’t want to modify the actual subcontractor purchase order, I only want the “Qty on PO” field in the item card to recognize subcontractor purcahse orders. Currently these sub contractor purchase orders show up as production orders on the item card. I know that a subcontractor purchase order is linked to a production order, but I would prefer that the item card acknowledge the subcontractor PO as a purchase order, rather than as a production order.

• Courtney

Not knowing all details, I still advise you considering to add new Flowfield to Item, than modifying existing ones.

Then you still can distinguish Purchase from Production, and the last splitted in two - own & subcontracting. You may never know, how business needs change in near future, such approach is easier to maintain and gives you more flexibility.

However, being a consultant, I can’t give you all technical details how to achieve this - it’s programmer’s “garden” [:D]

Thank you Modris! I know how to set up modified flowfields so with a little bit of playing, I should be able to figure this one out! :slight_smile: I understand you not wanting to give away technical details!

• Courtney

Hi, Courtney,

You misunderstood me - I’m analyst & consultant, so the question is about not my wanting to give away technical details, but capability to do it! [;)] My C/AL knowledge is rather limited.

A programmer can do it “in seconds”, but I should have sit then for a while and think, then try… try again… until it works at last… maybe… [:D]

People share code snippets and different coding tips here in forum, or help others to find errors in their code, that for forum is, too. What we try to avoid is doing job instead of those, who doesn’t bother to learn themselves or even are to lazy to hit F1 (questions of type “I turned on my PC, what’s next?”).