Inventory Transfer

Hi All

can anyone explain me the difference betwwen the “Transfer journal” from Journals in Inventory management and “transfer orders” under periodic in Inventory management. What are their impact. For inter transfer which form id to use.

thanks

Transfer Orders are extension to transfer Journal, where you can have transit warehouse to track the inventory, transport times, Delivery date control and some shipping and receiveing documents.

How do you do transfer between locations not just items.

I want to bulk transfer from one location to another location.

It seems I can only do one item at a time.

What do you mean by bulk transfer? You can have multiple lines in a single transfer…

If you want to transfer between locations, than you can use transfer journal. Transfer order is always beetween warehouses.

In either of the cases, you can enter multi lines.

i think he means transfer one location with hundreds of items into a different location, all at once. I am having the same issue, for example transfer everything in location a-1-a into location d-1-a. Do you know how i can do that without having to type in every single item number?

Why?

Anyway I would rename location a-1-a to d-1-a. First I would rename d-1-a to z-1-a then rename to a-1-a after the change. This will rename all history, but really it depends upon the why?

Only option is itme by item as each is unique.