Transfer Order

Hi experts,

Kindly explain about purpose and procedure of Transfer Order in Inventory management>preiodic

Artata

Hi Artata,

Through this Transfer order process we can transfer orders between warehouses in the same company. In order to do T/O we need to create one Transit WH and assign transit WH to Primary WH (in the Warehouse form).

I suggest you to go through TL 2 material to understand more clearly.

Sarathy

Hi,

As its big topic & we can not finish in 2 or 3 lines, I suggested you to go-thought TL 2… If any error occurs while your performing then let know… someone or me surely can help you.

Sarathy

Hi Artata,

Have a look this below link… It will help you to understand more clearly.

http://www.dynamicsaxtraining.com/dynamics-ax-trade-and-logistics-training/transfer-orders

Sarathy

Hi,

What is meant by TL 2?

Artata

Hi,

Trade & Logistics (manual) … Chapter 7 is about Transfer order or else you can have a look in the link which i sent you in earlier post. It will give you clear picture of T/O.

Sarathy

Hi,

Sarathy I have created lines in transfer orders. but when i click on posting > picking list , it shows error that ‘no lines for posting’ . the lower pane in posting picking list form is blank.what does it means?

Artata

Hi,

In the lower pane, we need to select the items which need to transfer from one warehouse to other warehouse.

Then do posting… see all options in the Posting > Picking list > In the posting picking list form … select Edit lines check box and see how its performing.

Sarathy

Hi,

It dont gave me option to select items line in lower pane.

in transfer order form what is about the options ‘ship now’ and ‘receive now’ they are blank and the quantity is shown in ship remain and receive remain?

Artata

Hi,

In lower pane , you need to select the Item & its quantity …

Coming to Ship now and Receive now … Unless you select Quantity at lines (tab), it will show blank only.

Ship remain and Receive remain … If your transferring the Quantity partially, then it will show remaining quantity to ship and remaining quantity to receive.

Sarathy

Hi,

I repeat my steps.

1- I created a transfer order from new button. enter from and to warehouses. status is created. date of shipment and receipt is today’s date.

2- In lower pane i enter item details item quantity is 3 units.here auto reserved box is marked. here ship remaining and receive remaining is 3 units as i entered.

3- much better thus time, picking list and registration is completed.but now ship transfer order shows the same error. it shows yellow warning mark.

Artata

Hi,

In the Ship transfer order form, in the update field, select “ALL” option and select Edit lines check box. it will pick the quantity which you have mentioned in the Lines (tab) of the T/O.

If your doing partial then select ship now option and select Edit lines check box… then it will show the Quantity which you have mentioned in the Ship now field of T/O ship ow (tab).

Sarathy

Dear Sarathy,

Thanks for your wonderful assistance. I have done it. Hope you will be helpful for us in future.

Artata

Hello Sarathy,

Facts of the case: I have a manufacturing plant (A) and an ware house near our customer (B). A manufactures goods as sends it to B under an excise invoice. B than sells it to the final customer (billing to customer happens here). A and B are two different sites defined in our system. B has only 2 activities i.e. to accept the goods as sent by and then either reject it accept it on quality norms. Once accepted it only sells those to the final customer and the rejected materials are sent back to A. A is registered as a manufacturer (RG23A & C applies) and B is registered as a dealer / depot (RG23D applies)

I have following 2 problems in transfer orders / stock transfer

1 when i trf goods from A to B the trf happns properly under excise. However for any trf of goods from B to A the system throws an error that the excise records are not properly defined.

2 When i trf goods from A to B there is a separate charge which we need to trf (non GRN based) however this is not any service. its a part of sales price only. When i make Sales order / Sales Invoice i book it under Misc charges but no such provision is there in the trf order.

Hoping for an early reply!!

Regards,

Jaydeep

Hi Jayadeep ,

What is your AX version ?

can you clarify me one question in company or legal entity , you have two warehouses one for production and second for sales ?

AX 2009

It is one single company with 2 sites, one manufacturing and one sales the latter being a warehouse.