How to create an inventory movement for a serialized item without a serial number ?

How to create an inventory movement for a serialized item without a serial number ? I need to create a movement journal for a serialized item to remove it from the customers stock. These item has been migrated from NAV to AX, but without the serialnumber. Because of this I cannot return the item from the customer as usual. I know that I can do it via the movement journal, but I dont know where to uncheck that I need a serialnumber… Hope I could make myself clear…

If the tracking dimension group for the product indicates that the serial number is primary stocking or blank issue and blank receipt are unchecked, you won’t be able to do this through the UI. If the transaction erroneously got migrated, you might be kind of stuck.

This likely would require something behind the scenes to be done, but it would have to be undertaken very carefully.

How did you migrate in serial required stock without a serial number? Bypassing validation I would guess. You need to correct the data because this will be ongoing whenever you move any of them.

Hi both of you,

thanks for the answers. It is a good question how these item could be migrated without serial number. I would also guess hat the validation has been bypassed, but I am not 100 % sure…

@Jake
Can you give me an example what has do be done behind the scene ? I would like to discuss this with our mangemant or is it possible to create a serialnumber for this item after the migration ?

BR,

Torsten

Torsten,

Unfortunately, I’m not real sure. You might reach out to the technical or developer forum, instead…