Error "Item not on Inventory"

Hi Experts,

I am posting Production Order, after Registering Warehouse Pick, i tired to post Production Journal with 0 Output.

Navision is giving error “Item is not on inventory”. although that item is available in inventory and shown in Bin content also.

Please help…

I am getting the same exact message when trying to use items for production. The system tells me that ‘the item is not on inventory’. A user from this group (Amol) gave me a suggestion to check to see if the item was available in the location I want to use it. This sounds to me like it might be the right answer.

Alan

We continuously have this same issue although there is enough inventory both in the location and bin we attempt to consume from. Our consultants mention that there may be an application entry that requires removing, but I can never seem to find the entry. Anyone have any ideas as to why this keep reoccurring?

I previously reported this issue while using NAV 2009r2. We’ve upgraded to NAV 2015 and are still experiencing the issue. Now, with access to the debugger in the RTC, I was able to find exactly where in the code the error occurs. What I failed to mention previously was that we are releasing RPOs from a sales order, which creates a reservation. At the same time, the item on the RPO is item tracked. I read that “Simultaneous use of reservation and specific item tracking is uncommon” and wonder if it can actually be partial cause of the issue.

VerifyOnInventory()
IF NOT Open THEN
EXIT;
IF Quantity >= 0 THEN
EXIT;
CASE “Entry Type” OF
“Entry Type”::Consumption,“Entry Type”::“Assembly Consumption”,“Entry Type”::Transfer:
→ ERROR(IsNotOnInventoryErr,“Item No.”);
ELSE BEGIN
Item.GET(“Item No.”);
IF Item.PreventNegativeInventory THEN
ERROR(IsNotOnInventoryErr,“Item No.”);
END;
END;