ERROR Gen Bus. Posting type in General Journal

Hi, I tried to Transact, in General journal using G/L accounts, when I tried to post it, Error Appears Gen. Bus. Psting type’’ in Line…etc. My transaction in General journal is not payment and not Purchase…ordinary G/L Entry…Can any one can help me…about this problem…thank you very much. :smiley:

Can you display the exactly error message? Can you show witch fields are you filling?

If I understand you correctly, I’d say that you are using a g/l account with general business posting type and posting groups partially filled (check the account card) and a juornal template with the option “Copy VAT Setup to Jnl. Lines” set to Yes…

Hi sir,The Error is :Gen. Posting Type must not be in Journal line Jornal Template Name=‘GENERAL’,Journal Batch Name='DEFAULT,Line=‘1000’. this the complete error msg… hope you can help me.TY…I also add that the Account i use to transact is no vatable…ty

Please, check the account card - tab "Posting. Is any of the fields in that tab filled?

Yes, maam…but I have another question…is that ok if the G\L Account card has no posting Setup?..because when I remove the posting setup of the G\L Account…the transaction is posted…hoping for your reply…Ty very much[:)]