Dimension Value Problem

Dear Team,

I have managed to install and configure Navision in readiness for Parallel Run. I have configured Financial, AR, AP and Inventory. I have also posted opening balances in all systems mentioned above, some through physical postings and others through dataports, and currently doing month one parallel run. I suddenly have a problem. Am getting the following error “Dimension Value xxxxxx is missing”. This error appears in all journal forms across the system (general, purchase, sales, item etc.) and cannot allow me to select these. I have checked the Dimension Value table and it has all the dimension specified correctly. Where could the problem be?

Regards,

Musenga

Is that the exact error message? The dimensions get copied to the journal lines, and then in turn to the ledger entries. If you have Code Mandatory turned on for specific accounts then the dimensions must be filled out.

Shortcut Dimension and Global Dimension columns should be available on all journals, documents, etc. You may have to do a Show Columns for them on list views like journals, though.

Hi Matt,

Yes, that is the error though it changes depending on the dimension value selected e.g. Department, Employee where there is xxxxxx. I shown all the short cut and global dimensions on the forms mentioned by clicking on “show Column” but the error keeps recurring.

Best regards,

Musenga

Hi Matt,

Thanks, Matt. Your solution has worked and I also checked the primary keys on the dimension value table. The name field on the first key was accidentally included. I removed this and configured the dimensions in application setup. It is able to pick without problems. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Musenga