Combine Production Order for the Same Items

Dear All,

How to Create a Combine Production Order from the Different Sales Orders with SAME Item.

Scenario :

6332.COM%20Prod.JPG

The Three Production order should be generated as per requirement.

Production Order 1 for Item X1 (7)
Production Order 2 for Item X2 (5)
Production Order 3 for Item X3 (8)

My question is :

Please suggest me how to calculate ‘Start Date’ and ‘End Date’ in the Production order for an item with different Shipping Date?

No u won’t be able to combine orders . Same item’s combined production order is created when u create a Project Order from Sales Order. Reason : Why it is not combined is system assumes that delivery dates of all orders will not be same.

For dates u can refer to these topics

http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/28233.aspx

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36401

Perhaps I am reading this differently but a replenishment method of fixed reorder and a reorder cycle of more than 14 days would give you the output you want.

Hi Kapil,

Thnx 4 ur reply. But I’m not agree with you.

“We can create a Combine production Order by putting the Sales Lines (Just like you would do manually to put more lines on a production order).”

-----May b I’m Wrong!

But my question is

How to calculate ‘Start Date’ and ‘End Date’ in the Production order for an item with different Shipping Date?

When the planning engine runs the end date would be, depending upon a variety of settings, when you need it to fulfil demand. In your example where production orders are combined within a reorder cycle then this would be the shipment date of the first order due. The start date is automatically calculated back from the end date using a variety of settings and capacity along with teh routings or lead time of the item.

Hi Subrata,

I won’t say u r wrong it is just message not delivered or not recevd the way it shud had been, I am assuming that u r not considering reordering policies to use at all , ur query was just based on S.O.

1. If u have a Sales Order number manually or by planning on a Production Order it can be only one "Sales Order "

2. If u create a project order that again means only one “Sales Order”

For same Item u cannot have more than one Sales Order number on production order, it is as simple as that , there is no space in NAV.

Your query looks to me is asking for direct relation ship between demand (where the form of demand is common i.e. Sales Order) and supply of item irrespective of demand’s origin ID i.e. the sales order which i wud say again no it won’t be possible.

Once a sales order gets attached to Production order the binding on reservation line gets updated and NAV does not have second level of binding, though it will allow u to maintain the level of changes u or the adjustments against the changes u do on that binded order. Here, by changes i mean driving factors for action messages.

As far as calculating dates are concerned i think u haven’t gone thru the links, but has been clarified by Adam very well.[:)]

Dear Kapil & Adam,

I have found some important information from the Mibuso forum where our respected MVP Alain Krikilion added that he has implemented same kind of requirement successfully.

Thanks!

From your description and my understanding of it my solution works as standard, Alain has modified the system to handle a specific requirement. Your requirement is actually different - his would have been to load the three slaes orders onto ONE production order, whilst yours is only item based and can be handled without issue if you set the system up correctly.

You are right Adam and thanks for your reply.

What Kind of Setup you want to specify ? Please explain briefly…

Suppose I’m working in Cronus DB ( NAVIN5.0 SP1 HF2 Base DB ).

Use a fixed reorder policy with a reorder cycle of say 20 days, then you will get your three production orders with combined items - there are other ways, but this is one.

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve test it on Cronus Database and It’s working fine.

FYI…

When the “Planning Worksheets” runs then it automatically creates a combine Production Order. But in our case we can’t run the Planning Worksheets because Our Customer/Client License does not have the PERMISSION to run this engine…

Client has BRL Advanced Management Foundation License Pack…

BTW Thanks for ur support.

No problem

FYI…

With your license the granule you do not have is flagged as an “Additional component” which means it is available with the respecitve foundation package and can be purchased from Microsoft ‘a la carte’. I believe it is 5810, so why not just buy the granule? [:D]

Thank you for reply.

Sorry to say that our Customer/Client is not eager to purchase this Granule. [:$]

Therefore I suggest you charge them more for the modification than the granule - developing a solution where a standard solution exists is not really the best way forward! Otherwise they will simply have to carry on manually combining the works orders - and then you can point out the man hour and logisitical costs this involves. [:D]

[Y]

FYI

I have done some customization for it. Creating a new option for “Source Type” :: Combine,( “Source No.” := Item Nos.) on the production order. And customizing the codeunit for the “Sourc Type” :: Combine, which puts the sales lines( for the same ITEM) on one production order. it is working fine.

any suggest/remarks …

I am not a developer, but if specified correctly, developed and tested, along with modification maintenance, all other elements and the upgrade implications/cost what is the difference between this and the standard granule price ? [:D]

[Y] Great

Thanks for Support & co-operation.

Hi,

I have an idea to bypass “Regenerative Plan”, if it is not permissible in the existing Client’s license. My Client is unable to run ‘Regenarative Planning’ in the form of “Planning Worksheet” due to the granule not in the license.

To bypass this I have done all the SKU Configurations necessary. Based on this I am able to to run “Requisition Worksheet” batch job. Then I am ‘copying’ all the lines suggested in the “Requisition Worksheet” and ‘pasting’ this in the “Planning Worksheet”. I am finding all the ‘Accept action messages’ have been checked.

After that I am carrying out the Action messages to generate Production Orders etc.

Is this a valid system to byepass ‘Regenerative Planning’ ? Where problem may occur by this copying and pasting from “Requisition Worksheet” to “Planning Worksheet” ?

Please advise,

I have also posted this matter as a separate discussion.

Thanks & with regards,
Jaideep Ghosh

Well you cannot copy production suggestions into the requisition worksheet I guess, so no it is not a valid bypass, but really you have given us no information regarding why, and what you hope to achieve with the SKU’s, or if your copy gives you any issues with your requirements etc. - if there are only purchasing suggestions then the question would be why use the planning worksheet. Again the granule and maintenance is not huge, so why not buy the stadnard functionality, you have already spent more time talking about a workaround I would guess.

Dear Sir,

The case is as follows: The Client has only two locations - “store” and “factory”. First one is the Storage location for both Raw materials and finished products and the “factory” is where the goods are manufactured. As and when Raw Materials are required in factory for manufacturing, it is being “transfered” from the ‘Store’ location. Or we may say that Raw materials are being “issued” to the factory location.

Thus SKUs has been so mapped that when a finished item is being sold from ‘store’ and if it’s inventory is inadequate in the ‘Store’ then it is suggested that it is produced in “factory” and also a transfer order is suggested simultaneously from factory to store.

Similarly, to manufacture the above finished items ‘transfer orders’ are suggested for Raw materials from the ‘Store’ to the ‘factory’, this is done through SKU mapping. Again if by this transfer the Raw materials inventory goes below the safety stock the ‘Purchase’ is suggested.

But our client do not have permission for “Regenerative Planning” in the Planning Worksheet. I found that the same planning suggestions for Prodcution etc can be done through “Requisition Worksheet” [for which it has permission]. Though the problem is Production orders cannot be generated through ‘Requisition worksheet’. Thus I am copying the suggested lines from “Requisition Worksheet” to “Planning Worksheet” and then through carrry out action messages I am able to generate the Production Orders, Transfer Orders and Purchase Orders.

Thanks & with Regards,

Jaideep Ghosh