Combine Production Order for the Same Items

So you are copying the output of the Planning Worksheet into the Requisition Worksheet? How is this possible if they do not have the rights to run the Planning Worksheet? It sounds to me as though you are bypassing a licensed requirement by developing the same functionality, perhaps even using the same code, in a different area. Is this the case?

No Sir, this is not the case. Actually the Output of “Requisition Worksheet” is copied to “Planning Worksheet”. The Client is able to access the ‘Planning Worksheet’ but it cannot run the ‘Regenerative Planning’ from there, as it has not subscribed to the Granule 5810 and 5820.

Though it is able to run “Requisition Worksheet” successfully as it is covered in normal AM license. Thus the output of ‘Requisition Worksheet’ is copied to ‘Planning Worksheet’ and we find ‘Accept action messages’ column being ticked ‘Yes’ for all rows copied. Then we are able to run “Carry out action messages” and able to generate Production Orders, transfer orders and Purchase orders as per the lines suggested.

Sir, is this a valid method? what problems it might possess by this bypassing of ‘Regenerative Plan’ calculation?

Sir, we would be grateful if you advise us on this as soon as possible.

I would ask Microsoft if I was you.

You are saying if I run “Planning Worksheet” calcualtion it runs the regenerative plan as if it were the “Planning Worksheet” and populates it, it is just that your customer cannot see it as they do not have the granules. I doubt this as my understanding is the processes are different.

Tell me what option do they choose to get the entries in the Requisition Worksheet?

You can indeed choose to firm the PO’s into the planning worksheet for example, so commonality exists, but I have doubts over what you are getting the system to do, I believe you are modifying the system using standard code to bypass unlicensed elements, but if you tell Microsoft what you are doing they maybe better placed to tell you of any issues. As for it being a valid method, that depends on your definition of validity. You would need to test and test and test and test.

[Y] Thank you very much Sir, I will ask Microsoft, and only after getting satisfactory reply, a solution of this kind can be given to the customer.

As for the Options which I have made to get the entries in Requisition Worksheet is as follows:

As said earlier, only two locations -STORE (all Raw. Materials and fin. stock are stored) and FACTORY (manufacturing location)

a) For Manufactured Items - SKU:Store - Replenishment System= TRANSFER

Transfer from= FACTORY

Reordering Policy= Lot-for-Lot Include Inventory=Yes

Safety stock qty= where a ready inventory is kept

Order Multiple= 1

SKU:Factory - Replenishment System= PROD.ORDER

Safety stock qty= nil

Order Multiple= 1

b) For Raw Materials Items - SKU:Store - Replenishment System= PURCHASE Vendor No.=

Transfer from= nil

Safety stock qty=

Order Multiple= 1

SKU:Factory - Replenishment System= TRANSFER

Transfer-from Code= STORE

Safety stock qty= nil

Order Multiple= 1

With these options exercised we are able to populate the “Requsition Worksheet” (Form 291). Please note, though there is an option for “Prod.Order” in the ‘Replenishment system’ column of "Requisition worksheet’ but there is no option to generate the Production Orders. If we still exercise ‘Carry out action messages’ and error message is displayed “There is nothing to Create”.

What is the purpose of keeing this option of “Prod.Order” when there is no way to create Production Orders from "Requisition Worksheet’ ? Or, is there any way to create it and that is why it is kept there ?

Please advise.

Yes you have said the configuration, but you have not said HOW you populate the planning worksheet. Generally these would be created by running the function to calculate the regenerative or net change plan. So still my question remains - HOW do you get the entries into the Planning worksheet to enable you to copy them to the requisition worksheet.

The option is available in case you decide to manufacture a requirement in house rather than purchase it as you usually would. Another purpose maybe commonality of forms and tables in development, but you would need to ask MS the reason why they designed it that way.

Basically to generate Suggested Production you MUST use the Planning Worksheet - the Requisition Worksheet is used for purchases and transfers. Although transfers will appear in the Planning Worksheet as well, but you can move them to the Requisition Worksheet depending upon the bsiness process involved.

Sir,

This is the way I am able to populate ‘Planning Worksheet’-

1st step- I am opening form of "Requisition Worksheet" ( Form 291). Then I go to Function>Calculate Plan. Now I give the ‘Starting date’ and ‘Ending date’ . I keep the ‘Use forecast’ as . Then the suggested lines are populated in “Requisition Worksheet”.

2nd step- Through cusor I am selecting all the lines. Then right click the mouse to “copy” or by CTRL+C

3rd step- Now I open the "Planning Worksheet" (Form 99000852). I Put the cusor in the first filed of “No.” column. and then press Ctrl+V. Thus the lines are pasted in the ‘Planning Worksheet’. The result provides similar output as by calculating through ‘Regenerative Plan’.

Please kindly reply ASAP.

1. Despite having no rights to run the Planning Worksheet they can open the form as standard?

2. What does this gain you? Are you saying without the granule you can alter the requisition type to Production Order and create them from here?

Obviosuly without the specific license I cannot say, but if you can do all of that without any modification then there is no problem.

So why are you doing it? Perhaps I have misunderstood, but you can create the purchase and transfer orders from the requisition worksheet - what is the planning worksheet giving you? Are you manipulating the data to create production orders using the carry out action message? And this function runs as stadnard without the Planning granule?

Dear Sir,

I am Sorry for the late reply to your questions.

I have checked and found the Client has no right to run “Regenerative Planning” though they can access ‘Planning Worksheet’.

Sir, I am not altering any requisition type. With the same SKU configurations as described above I am able to populate the “Requisition Worksheet” with suggestion to Produce.

There is an option for “Prod.Order” in the ‘Replenishment system’ column of "Requisition worksheet’. But Production Order cannot be generated. If we try to do, it is giving a message “There is nothing to Create”.

Sir, My question to you is what is the purpose of keeping this option of “Prod.Order” when there is no way to create Production Orders from “Requisition Worksheet”.

It is surprising, that if these same lines are copied to Planning worksheet then the “Ref. Order no.” is serially filled in and the lines are ready to be made into Production Orders.[Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V in Planning Worksheet]

Please advise.

Not being the person who designed the system you would need to ask Microsoft why they kept the “Prod Order” option, not one I can answer sorry.

With the standard copy and paste functionality of NAV and teh common features of forms it is not that surprising that you can copy and paste. If you are running the requisition worksheet and getting production suggestions then copying it to the planning worksheet and creating the orders I see nothing wrong with the functional approach, what you would need to discern is any differences in the calculate plan to regenerative plan options and what they do differently.

[Y][:D] Thank you Sir… Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.