Chemical Part - First Expiration First Out

Now we want to manage the chemical part with its expiration date. The chemical parts are pruchased for manufacturing in our company. And the costing method is Standard. Navision Verision: 3.01B The below is our expectation, for example. 1.Lot 1: Item A is purhcased at 2004-1-1, its expiration date is 2004-6-1 2.Lot 2: Item A is purchased at 2004-2-1, its expiration date is 200-5-1 Currently if Item A is consumed in production, Lot 1 will be consumed firstly. But we want to deduct the qty. of Lot 2. How can I implement the chemical part FEFO (First Expiration First Out)? I notice Item tracking code. Can I use it to meet my requirement? And how the item tracking code is setup? And my other questions are: 1. Can I copy the item tracking code named LOTALLEXP in demo navision and use it? 2. If the inventory of the exsit item is not zero, how can I implement Lot No. management? The item tracking code can’t be set as LOTALLEXP, even the inventory qty is adjust to zero. 3.If I create a new item and assign item tracking code LOTALLEXP and lot no for the item. I make a test to purhcase some and then sale/consume it. The system ask me to input the expiration date. Can I avoid to input the expiration date? Because our chemical is used for production. We only care the expiration date when it is purchasing receipt… Any good ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi There is no method of lot issue based upon expiry date. I am sure with the manufacturing consumption of lot and serial numbers this was never fully resolved with Navision and the only flushing option was manual - therefore you tell the system what you have used rather than the system suggested - this is a memory of 3.60 and I have not re-tested this you may want to. To address your other questions: 1. Yes if it meets your needs, but clearly it does not with your question 3 2. As the tracking is fundamental you cannot add this after an entry has been made. As standard you wil lneed to rename the item and recreate it, booking out all the old stock and booking it back in as of the correct date. Obviously the developers may have a different appraoch to this, but you cannot have lotted/serialised stock in stock with lots or serial numbers. 3. Have a look at the item tracking card and the lot tab, you could consider removing some of the inbound and outbound tracking entries. You will however have to play with this to see if it meets your needs. Also your version is critical - I presume you are on 3.60/3.70 and not 3.10.

Hi P H, As Mr Weaver said there is only one flushing method for item tracking & that is manual…which will meet ur demand. ----- As standard you wil lneed to rename the item and recreate it, booking out all the old stock and booking it back in as of the correct date. ----- You need not rename & recreate the item but u can close all the open entries by posting -ve adjustment & then creating the items thru positive adjustment with the right lot/serial no. I tested it sometime back on 3.7 and it works Secondly u need to take care of the costing method as FIFO/LIFO cost assumption can not be maintained with item tracking. Also note that in ur version Item Tracking & Reservations are at some conflict & “Item Tracking” & RTRAM white papers(Partnersource) explains them well. Regards

Hi Devinder Mr Weaver - why Thank you [:I] you can call me Steve! You say that

quote:

You need not rename & recreate the item but u can close all the open entries by posting -ve adjustment & then creating the items thru positive adjustment with the right lot/serial no. I tested it sometime back on 3.7 and it works

If I have an item with ledger entries and try to assign a tracking code in 3.70 I will be told “You cannot change Item Tracking Code becasue there are one or more ledger entries for this item”. I have no “Open” ledger entry items, just historical ones. Are you sure of your testing? [:D]

yeah. I agree with steven. I also test it in V3.70 and the same error occurs. I wonder if I only select Man. Exp. date entry and let Lot Nos/Serial Nos specific tracking blanket, can it meet with my requirement? [:p]