NAV5.0 - Release Production order, how to reverse Consumption with Item Tracking Line and Lot Tracking

Hi All,

I’m facing an issue when trying to reverse consumption with Item Tracking Line and Lot Tracking for Release Production Order. WIthout posting any output.

Error Message:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

You must specify Expiration Date in Tracking Specification Entry No.=‘1’.

OK

As shown, did you set Expiration Date in Item Tracking Lines?

Yes, assigned Manufacutring Date and Expiration Date in Item Tracking Line.

After i key in Lot No in item tracking line, system cant default the Expiration date and non editable

any workaround?

I have the same error message with NAV 5.0 when posting negative consumption of lot-tracked items- with one small difference.

When I key in the lot # from the original consumption, it does auto-populate the Expiration Date field in the Item Tracking Lines. However, it still will not post and returns message: “You must specify Expiration Date in Tracking Specification Entry No.=1”

This is confusing because the tracking line DOES have an expiration date in it. Is there an additional step that needs to be done somewhere?

The only possible solution that i can see is to change the expiration date to current date through code and then post the negative consumption and then change the expiration date back tot he original date.