FEFO (First Expire First Out)

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody ever did something like FEFO in Navision. On every lot, there is an expire date, and I want Navision to assign a lot, considering this expire date. greetings, Francis

Are you talking about the process of reserving, picking,and then shipping by first to expire?

Indeed, that is what i am talking about. It is very common, e.i. in the food industry. Francis

Francis Some basic would help like which version of software 1.XX, 2.XX or 3.XX Then we may be able to help you! Regards David

Hi, excuse me for not specifying , but my question is rather general to all versions. Of course if somebody tells met it is available as of version xx, then it is even better. I’d like to do it for a 3.60 database, but I had the same question already in the past. greetings, Francis

Hi Francis Whilst 3.60 will calculate the expiration of the serial/lot, and further modifications have been made to the tracking functionality to include the “Strict Expiration Posting” flag which

quote:

“indicates that an expiration date assigned to the item tracking number as it entered inventory must be respected when it exits inventory.”

Other changes also exist around the expiration date calculation but this would indicate the blocking of the use of expired lots (nice to have in the food industry[:D]!) however nothing exists in the standard software for an issuing policy. If you look at the topic below you will see further discussions on the issue of “picking” tracking lines, but suffice to say in the software’s current incarnation no auto-assignment of serial/lot numbers exists from the perspective of sales orders. http://www.navision.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6039

What Stephen says is correct - I implemented a client using lot numbers and expirations earlier this year on 3.6 - getting Navision to auto populate the information is a chore I chose not to do - generating a pick ticket with the proper information is not too difficult - link to the Lot No. Information table - this will give you some necessary information. If you have any specific questions, please ask and I’ll be glad to answer. Daniel

So is it possible to have the lot no and expiration date auto-populate based on expiration date in 3.10. Our company is in the process of upgrading to 3.10, currently using 2.01B. We wanted it to auto-populate so Customer Service would not have to go into the item tracking lines and pick the lot no, the only time they would have to choice a lot no is if the customer requests a specific lot no which happens occasionally. Am I in for a big surprise??? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Shawn

About the FEFO on foods… well… usually for the same product if i’m not wrong a FIFO method will be almost working with FEFO as usually the First Input (first bought) goods will also be the first ones on expiring for an specific item. I’ve implemented a auto-selection system for WMS for choosing the lots automatically using a FIFO system not long ago (on 3.60) and it’s not really difficult to do something similar but using a FEFO system instead… ask your NSC for a quote on it, it’s not that big trouble to get that system working. :slight_smile:

quote:

Originally posted by Shawn Sissenwein
So is it possible to have the lot no and expiration date auto-populate based on expiration date in 3.10. Our company is in the process of upgrading to 3.10, currently using 2.01B. We wanted it to auto-populate so Customer Service would not have to go into the item tracking lines and pick the lot no, the only time they would have to choice a lot no is if the customer requests a specific lot no which happens occasionally. Am I in for a big surprise???

Check about upgrading to 3.60 instead of doing it to 3.10… 3.10 it’s giving more troubles than it should andif you’re going to upgrade it would be a good choice using 3.60 instead. Regards,