BUS Layer

Hi,

can anyone tell me how can i buy the license code to work(development) in BUS layer? I mean which are the checklists(i.e. no of objects, kind of access rights on objects, objectID range etc)?

I am really unaware related to licensing procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Licensing is completely a different aspect.

You need to include this BUS layer runtime - while placing an order for license to MS…

Hi kranthi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually i am completely unaware abut the licensing and BUS runtime in AX terms.

My exact requirement is, do i required any license to register my Add-On in AX 2009?

Can you please elaborate your answer in detail?

Thanks again.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

You can develop your add-ons even in VAR or BUS layer. But if you want to register them in BUS layer you need to Contact MS…

Hi,

Correct, I can work in BUS/VAR layers.

But when I have selected the VAR layer from the “Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Configuration” from “Administration Tools” and start the AX it prompts me for the “Access Code” which i do not have. So, I am not able to do any development in VAR layer without Access Code.

Do you have any suggestion for this?

Thank you.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Those codes will be available in your License File…

That means if i wanted to work in VAR/BUS layer then i do have a license file for it.

please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

/Ashlesh

Yes . If you are a partner you will obviously get it.

Hi Kranthi,

I have License file. But not able to find the exact code for BUS/VAR layer.

How can i find the Access Code for BUS/VAR layer for development?

Note: This license file we are using to enable the Development Mode first time using the AX AOS(with AX Client).

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

These development codes will be there in the Code Letter (.RTF file) ask your admin or person who is taking care of it.

If you are a MS partner for dynamics AX, login to the MS CLT and ask for license. They will send you email with the license files and in the email body you will get the VAR/BUS… developer codes. These you need to enter into the client configuration utility.

Hi Ginmur,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please give me the url for MS CLT login page? OR the exact url to ask for the license to MS?

Thanks again.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Here is the link to CLT https://clt.msops.microsoft.com/clt/CLTHome.aspx

But I just checked and if you are able to login to partnersousce as a partner you can generate/download license from there also. You need to click on the “VOICE” on top of the page and then go to the

My corporate information → Developer tools → License key configuration

There you will be able to manage it :slight_smile:

Hi Ginmur,

Thanks for your support. I can go to “License key Configuration” but not able to select anything from “Program Type” and “Select Product Line” field. Also the “Product Editon” and “Major Version” fields are disabled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Are you the administrator for PartnerSource in your company? If not, ask your administrator to provide you access to generate License file. If yes, you may want to ask your PAM for assistance

Hi Harish,

Thank you for all your support.

/Ashlesh

First U need to get BUS Layer License then that u have to apply.

MicrosoftDynamic AX configuration Utility->Developer Tab-> Select application Object layer to oper: BUS

THen Enter Ur license in Developer License Code:

confirm license code :

and oK.