Upgrading from BUS in AX2009 to AX2012 VAR layer

I have issue on receiving BUS layer license in AX2012. All our code are developed in the AX2009 - BUS layer. Now we can receive from Microsoft (AUS) only VAR.

Does anyone have experience in import *AOD files? I have done as AX 2012 Upgrading Guide published in March 2012 importing files is successful but I didn’t see any my code.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance

Minh

There is no BUS layer in AX2012, you should use ISV layer.

About the import, you say that it is successful but you don’t say what you did with the BUS layer. What did you import and where? If the BUS code is not in place and you say that you have all code in BUS, it seems like the expected behavior.

In short, either you have to get the ISV license or to move your code to VAR layer. I guess you can simply rename axbus.aod to axvar.aod and import it (not tested), if it is acceptable to have BUS ID range in VAR (I would try to avoid it, if possible).

Hi Martin,

We worked our code on the BUS-layer in AX2009. I know that AX2010 replace BUS-Layer ti ISV layer.
I exported our code in AX2009 and import into VAR-layer in the model of our company. It wroks now.

Thanks

Hi Martin.

I know this is a little off topic. But do you know what Microsoft’s official requirements are for a partner to gain access to the ISV layer codes?

Hi Jonathan,

This should help - https://mbs.microsoft.com/Cms/Templates/document/General.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={235CC735-CF70-45B4-B8B7-18C9B29783A8}&NRORIGINALURL=%2Fpartnersource%2Fisvsolutions%2Fnews%2Fax2012_isvlayer.htm%3Fprintpage%3Dfalse%26sid%3D5wqhpchn3ypolll5pmb0vbnv%26stext%3DAX%202012&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&sid=5wqhpchn3ypolll5pmb0vbnv&printpage=false&stext=AX%202012

Harish.

That is the exact document that I have been searching for for months. Thank you so much.