Logging in to BUS layer

Hello everyone I’m facing a problem logging in to the BUS and VAR layers. I tried both using the codes provided to us (still valid, no expiration issues) but i keep on getting the same error message: “The code for the ‘bus’ application object layer is incorrect”.

Am i doing something wrong here? When I enter that code in the License information it is validated and has status ok. But still get that error message when i try to log in to that layer.

Any ideas are highly appreciated!!

Joanna

Hi Joanna,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? You would need BUS layer development license code and not the run time code.

Regards,

Hi Harish,

Just today I figured out what was wrong…

After struggling for one week to get support from Microsoft or regenerate a license code for me without any success!

I didn’t know that I had to provide two separate license codes for that. I was only using the BUS layer Runtime license code provided to us. Then today I decided to give it another try and I found another code which I used in the Confirguration Utility. Then it gave me a different error saying that this time the code was valid but i was missing the BUS layer Runtime license code. Just then I realized that I needed two different codes!

I don’t think that is clear enough what you need to do to log into a different layer. I don’t remember reading anything about two different license codes. It was pure luck that I resolved the issue. And don’t let me mention the lousy support from Microsoft…I had to call to several places in the world and they kept transfering my call here and there! And I knew that none of the people I spoke to actually understood what was I talking about…

Anyways, I hope this helps others and save them time!

Best Regards,

Joanna Demetriou