BOM and sales

Hi, I have the following scenario,

Item - Coke Can 330ml - sales price $1.00

Item - Sprite Can 330ml $1.20

Item - Dew Can 330ml $1.30

Customer creates a new Stock code combining the above 3 items - and calls it Item - CSD - sales price - $3.00

case 1, when an item CSD is sold the system should automatically reduce the inventory of the individual items as sale.

case 2, and the sale value shold be apportinated to each of the three items.

How do we work this out …

Regards

You should create BOM item with those components. Then using BOM journal you create several BOM items to reduce inventory.
Final Item price should be applied correctly in Item Card.

Hi, Nuno thanks for the reply. Yes i did have that in my mind but the customer is not interested in that way. Thats why am looking for any other work arounds. Actually the customer is into retail business.

regards

BOM wasn’t designed to work that way. But if you explode BOM in sales journal you could solve part of your problems.

Hi Nuno

It does not solve the issue as the price will be incorrect, as it then takes the constituent prices. I have been involved in a modification where bundles were offered, the sales price was against the bundle and this then automatically affected the selling price of each constituent part proportionally. This would get you what you want, but it requires modification to the sales process. The bundling we did also enabled the user to hide or show the constituent parts depending upon the requirements.

That’s why I told it solved part of the problems. [:P]
Final price to be the sum of all components has to be made some customization. Isn’t difficult to change sales order to support that feature, but out of box Navision doesn’t support that.

Hi, guys thanks for ur inputs… will customize.

regards

Yep re-reading it you said “part” [:$]