AX2102, R2, CU6 - Product type is a BOM

Hi …
Can I just question this please as we are now using R2 – CU6, and sorry for the duplication.
I added this to the following post, albeit, the post had been answered or suggested as an answer, hence why my post may have been missed.
http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/65413.aspx
When creating released products – Product type = Item, the production type now defaults to BOM instead of None.
In the CU6 release notes, I can find reference to Article ID 2833427 – ‘The production type defaults as Bill of Material (BOM) rather than None’, but this should only apply / fix the actual symptom ‘The production type is incorrect when the item type is service’.

My concern is:
As the vast majority of our released products will not be ‘BOMS’ or use any of the BOM related functionality, (There are a few exceptions obviously), how can or where do I set the default production type to ‘None’. It does appear to be coded to be a BOM by default though, but I am not a developer.

The other question is (thinking about this rather than finding out myself … sorry) … what other implications will this have on released products being of a production type BOM instead on none, if any ?

Thanks

Martin

The only implication of the item being a BOM will be if you report off the type, the BOM type itself simply activates the BOM Lines screen. I am assuming the default order type for planning is still purchase order as that would be more annoying :slight_smile:

I have not looked at CU6 but that field always defaulted and you always chose it, I am guessing they altered the default entry that is all (so you cannot set it without code).

Hi mate …

Yeah, the default order type is still purchase order …

Thanks for the reply, I will request a code change,

Regards

Martin

AX 6 has removed the item type BOM and the BOM creation was allowed even for Items. The production Type has been introduced by the PI code(in FPK). When this is brought to SYS to keep the original design which removed the BOM type, this is now defaulting to BOM. One has to choose the Default Order Type manually. You can stop the defaulting type as per your requirement(customize).