AX 2009 Calculating of cost

Hi

I have a question regarding calculation of cost prices in AX 2009. When i calculate the cost price of a BOM at top level the system uses the pending cost prices of the BOM below. Is that correct?

I want of course the system to use the active cost prises for the BOMs below, is there any paramteres that controles this?

Henrik

As standard the calculation uses the active price in the costing version specified on the calculation, although a fallback principle is also defined on the costing version.

Hi AdamRou

Thank you for replying. Is there any parameteres that sets this? When i calculate on singel level AX gets the pending prices on the lower BOM levels regardless what the fallback prinsiple is set to.

Henrik

Single level should use the active cost in the costing version, if not available the fall back principle is applied. The setting is on the costing version, there should be no calling of a “pending” price if an active price exists. Can you provide an example of costing?

Hi AdamRou

I finaly figured it out, thanx to you!! There was an active price on the sub BOM but the active price was not the same version that i now was trying to calculate so that’s why it used the pending cost.

Thanx alot Adam!

Henrik

Hi AdamRou

Sorry i answered you a bit soon earlier today. What i did was activate the pending price and then that prices was used as activ. But with futher investigation i have found out that the system uses the pending price as long as the is any with same costing version. No pending price-> active cost is used. I have tested this in several system with no customizations.

I’l try to explain, calculation singel level, any fall back critiera.:

Calculation BOM level 0 → summary shows that Pending cost 15,- is used.

BOM level 1: Cost at item details= 10,- Active cost = 20 Pending cost= 15,-

Hope you understand what i’m trying to explain?

Henrik

which costing method?

Hi Adam

I took this up with Microsoft and this was there answere:

We had similar case in the past and we asked to dev team about expected behavior here.

I can confirm that it is by design. When doing BOM calculation we take the pending prices if they are defined.

This behavior won’t be changed.

My opinion is that this is not best practice but unfotunately this will no be changed.

Henrik

I have this response a lot “expected” is not best practice or business experience, it is basically how they designed it. I cannot believe this would be an option when you have the concept of the fall back principle, poor coding in my opinion.