Item Master-Price Button functionality

Hi,

In Ax 2009 , Item Master- we have a price button wherein cost price/purchase price… for a certain period can be defined.

I would like to know whats the basic finctionality of that form??

and on that form whethere the records are defined manually or does it flow automatically to that form based on transactions against the item.

Please give suggestions asap.

It is basically how all of the base costing and pricing is now setup. You need to understand the costing version, it is critical. Every 2009 you have seen will have had a costing version. It can have a fallback principle of the active price which is the item card, but it depends how it is setup. Mainly used in a standard costing environment because this is where the costs are held and you have different versions for future roll outs. You can calculate the prices in if the item is a BOM item, non-BOM items need to be manually entered.

Basically if you are standard costed it is critical, not so much otherwise if you choose it not to be. You must have one and it is where in reality all costs and prices can be defined. You also define your indirect costs in the costing version as well but this will depend upon your costing sheet setup - which is also critical.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quicjk response.

Also i have doubt, using that form we will define the cost price manually right??

Is there any possiblity that a records itself will be created in that form automatically/ or already defined cost price might get updated auto in that form.??

If you run a BOM calculation and chose to update the costs and prices then it will do so, but you are telling it to do it on the calculation tabs.

Not sure if the update cost price would apply to the costing version, I believe not it is solely an item card update.

Shon,

You can also use your costing version to set-up selling prices depending upon your base. Say you intend to set-up that your selling price changes as system updates your base purchase price, you can do so by using your planned costing version. The price/discount tab maybe updated based on your activation of costing versions or manually update the prices. I can only speak for item type items wherein no further processing required before selling said items. :slight_smile: