AutoPosting Production BOM Scrap % to Other GL Scrap Account

Is there a way to redirect scrap consumption to a separate “Scrap” G/L account? I would like to setup a Scrap % on the Production BOM Line so that it auto-posts consumption of this scrap. However, the total value of the scrapped quantity gets posted to the same GL account as the expected regular BOM quantity. Is there a setting that I’m missing that makes this “splitting” of G/L Postings happen?

Related to the issue above is that it when it posts scrap, it posts a single G/L transaction entry that is just the sum of the cost of the regular BOM components and the cost of the scrap quantity. It would be nice to have that split at least into to two separate entries. Again, maybe my settings are wrong, but can NAV post two separate entries, thereby separating the regular cost of BOM components with the cost of scrap?

Thanks in advance and happy new year to all.

Navision doesn’t do so by default. It treats scrap posting same as consumption. Did u think about using dimensions for this ?

Dimensions could be a possibility, but I am unsure as to how I would be able to assign a different dimension to the scrap posting. Please advise as to how I would do this.

Thanks.

Client is on NAV2009 SP1 SQL

If u post ur consumption quantity in two steps i.e. the normal + scrap then while posting the qty for scrap u can mention dimension on the lines. The only condition is if the consumption posting is manual , if r using auto flushing then it wud be difficult.

Client wants to backflush consumption with scrap. I think about it more, the dimension route would still assume two separate posting entries anyway, with one being the scrap posting.

Yeah it will be two posting, for one shot in 2 accounts U need to customize which I would not advise at all. Try convincing them or offer them some reports.