Warehouse Adjustmen Calculation and Item Journal Posting from Warehouse Item Journal Page

Hello There

I am starting out with Business Central and trying my hand at AL as a total beginner.
I thought i’d try a little extention for our own use but i don’t seem to find how to do it (if possible at all) or any good information to help me move forward.

So the ‘problem’: In WMS you have the warehouse item journal where you enter your corrections on a specific zone / bin for an item. This however still needs to be posted in the item journal as well by calculating the warehouse adjustments. When we do a warehouse correction we want to immediately see the new total stock on hand in our system. Doing this 2 step process could be forgotten and just requires extra clicks to get to that page and then run the action and post it.

the ‘solution’ i am trying to code as an extension would be a new action on the warehouse item journal page that then after posting immediately does the warehouse adjustment calculation on the item ledger and posts it.

Is this possible and how would i get started on it ? The calculation action on the item ledger is a report with a request page that seems to inserts lines into the item journal page instead of a simple code unit that could be run in the background. Is it possible to run this whole workflow from another page ?

Thanks for the feedback.

Considering that NAV use to do this back in the early days (when WMS was produced by Lanham), I’d say this is a reasonable idea. When Microsoft acquired WMS from Lanham, they did not get all the features. This was one of them.

For clarification, the calculation is on the warehouse adjustments bin. Not the item ledger entry.

It’s important that the warehouse adjustments be calculated at a summary level, rather than 1-to-1 with the warehouse adjustment ledger entries. Otherwise it may lead to costing issues. For this reason, this modification could be troublesome if you post many single line adjustments. Which could be a reason behind Microsoft not implementing this.