VERY BIG AGGRAVATION

We have spent over $40,000 with our reseller modifying Nav A.D. and I am still not 100% happy with it. One of the biggest problems is that you can only invoice an order after the ENTIRE order is shipped (we have picking and packing on). And if anything on the order is shipped incorrectly, then invoicing breaks down. The whole system has costed a lot of money and has ended with what I would call a slightly above average system (for the money). Unfortunately it is a giant black hole and the farther you develop, the deeper you sink. Has anybody else had major obsticles and found ways around them?

At least the standard NAD database is able to invoice on a partly shipped order. So whatever you have paid your reseller for, something fishy is happening. Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

Are you sure it can invoice partial shipments? With picking and packing on? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would like to talk to you since you have AD with picking and packing on. We purchased AD but have not implemented yet due to issues like you mention. At this point, I am waiting for version 3.0 and hoping it addresses many of the problems/omissions. David Rochford Zesco Products 317-269-9300 x188 david@zesco.com

Hi Mitch! You can definitely Invoice a partial Shipment in an unmodified version of Navision AD. With Picking at the location turned On, and Packing set to Always (I didn’t go through it for Optional, but assume it would work the same). Change “Qty. to Ship” to Whatever (let’s say 5) Release Functions - Order - Pick and change the Pick Generated to 5 Functions - View Pick Document Lines View Whse. Documents - change “Qty. Handled” to 5 Post the Whse Document Back at the Sales Order the Qty. Picked is changed to 5 and the Order Status is changed to Partial Pick. Post the Shipment Warehouse Management - Sales Order Ship Functions - Order - Release Functions - Order - Pack The Containers window opens. Function - New Container and fill in appropriately Close Containers window Still in the Sales Order Ship - Posting - Ship Back at the Sales Order Reopen Change the “Qty. to Invoice” to 5 Release Post the Invoice. I had some problems ensuring that inventory was received and put away into the proper bin and zone, but once that was resolved, the flow was really straight forward :wink: cheers,

That is a little different than how we do it. We first release an entire order (which might have as many as 200 items on it). Then the released order is stocked from backstock into a staging area. Then we release the pick (which might only have 80 items that we currently have in stock). Then we pick all the items we can, but if we can’t find an item and we only ship 79, we verify the actual pick off the confirmed pick. So we confirm that we shipped 79 items. But then we scan the product into boxes and if the product is accidentally not scanned (which can easily happen), then the order won’t invoice. On top of that, even if it is done right, we need to wait till it gets out the door before we can invoice the order, because we need the shipping costs from the manifesting machine to be put on the invoice. We invoice the next day, but if an item was not scanned into a box, we have to solve the problem before we can invoice it. And when you ship high volume, that can require a full time detective. That’s just a little bit of rambling. I hope it is understandable. On a completely seperate note, why is this topic list for AD BB not by date like all the others?

I’m working on the sort order. Honest.

quote:

Originally posted by xgrk88a: On a completely seperate note, why is this topic list for AD BB not by date like all the others?

A little of topic, but ok. When a topic is closed, then the moderator has the option of use “Lock in Place”. Then the topic is locked in that place. This is useful i.e. if the moderator makes a FAQ for the forum. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Hey Guys Does the Standard “Get Shipments” on the Invoice not work with NAD? This allows the Invoicing of the Sales Shipments and updates the Order Lines! So if you have Shipped you can create an Invoice and add the Shipped lines from one or several Shipments for the same customer. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Thank you Erik!

David, I was able with no problems to use the NAD “Get Shipments” from the Sales Invoice form, without Picking and Packing. I am still having some difficulties with a location that has Picking and Packing turned on. This is on a Canadian AD database with all improvements applied. I’ll try to get back to you over the weekend to see if I can make it work with Picking and Packing. cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by xgrk88a: So we confirm that we shipped 79 items. But then we scan the product into boxes and if the product is accidentally not scanned (which can easily happen), then the order won’t invoice.

So what do you expect the system to do if you pick an item but don’t pack it? You have to ship in order to invoice. If you do not scan an item, you have not shipped it. Why is it so easy to miss a scan? Sounds like it would be easy to steal or lose inventory. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News