User Table Responsibility Center link By Salesperson Table

Hi guys,

currently some of the salesperson card doesnt have responsibility center code(rc) set up, so i would like to retrieve rc code from sales order/ blanket sales order rc and update on 2 user table so that whenever salesperson login and create sales order/ blanket sales order, it will be auto populated. currently missing rc in sales order are selected manually by salesperson.

a bit confused in your requirement…

can you please explain?

hi mohana,

missing responsibility center in sales header::order/ blanket order, so respective manager in responsibility center cannot view the salesperson sales.

1.i need to do data patching, from customer card, fetch responsibility center and fill it in the sales header.
2.need to update the user table field responsibility center, now the tricky part is whats the relationship between sales header and user table?

Hi Nikeman77…

Your request needs a little coding… are you a developer?

create a codeunit.

where “Sales Header”.Sell-to matches Customer.“No.” to populate the R.Centre (IF BLANK) from Customer table.

you may need to re-open sales order (use CU414 there is a function in here) to modify sales header.

hi paddy,

thanks for replying, i had created a report to modify sales line, no problem on this side, the tricky part is to update the user table so respective salesperson will be allocate with responsibility center, in the future there wouldnt be missing responsibility center once sales order/ blanket order is created.

Approach it one step at a time. Start with a salesperson. Find a matching order (filter and find). Assign the value to the salesperson and modify it.

What have you already tried to do?

Hi Nikman77

Forgive me for not quite understanding…BUT

The Responsibilty Center is a lookp field (Option) on the User Setup Table.

Therefore blank allows them to see all orders or with an option only orders with that responsibility centre.

can’t see why your trying to read the sales orders and then pass the responsibility centre to the user table.

The Link would be Salesperson/purchases field!!

hi matt,

i had manage to retrieve responsibility center from customer card, and assign it to sales header, now i want to use this value (customer.responsibility center) to set it into user table.

but the thing is (i might be wrong) in salesperson/purchaser table, there isnt such a field as responsibility center, the only one that i could think of was responsibility center in user table.

hi paddy,

salesperson/purchaser field would be from which table then?

Hi Nikeman,

In User setup there is one field called Sales Resp. Ctr. Filter where you can put responsibility center against your Salesperson.,so whenever the Salesperson punches the Sales orders ,the responsibility center will automatically filled up.

Hope this will help you.