User personalization

How to hide the department’s user wise NAV 2015.

I have checked UI Elements Removal to LicenseFile and user permissions. And I have given user personalization to the user but I want to hide more departments and pages. Client want to restrict there user at RTC LEVEL itself by hiding the pages and departments.Can any one help me in this is greatly appreciated…

Thanks in advance…

Hello,

It’s very easy.

first of all you need to give a profile to the user and disable user personaliation.
msdn.microsoft.com/…/hh879068(v=nav.90).aspx

Next you have to personalize the profiles.
msdn.microsoft.com/…/dd354992(v=nav.90).aspx

best regards,

Hi karan,

You can hide departments in RTC profile wise. Like for an example their is no need to show the warehouse and job module to the “Sales Manager”.

So you just open the RTC client with Sales Manager profile in configuration mode with the help of command prompt and hide the department or other modules.

You need to open the profile assign the each user in configuration mode and then you can hide the department menu
Check this link
msdn.microsoft.com/…/dd354992.aspx

Yes I have already tried that but problem is with that user can go to every master and i can edit the other module data which is not assigned to him. Here the user is unable to view but he is able to access every where has to be restricted.

Hey Karan,
Then you need to set the permissions for every user so they can not access the other module data
Check this link

msdn.microsoft.com/…/dn757139(v=nav.80).aspx

Unfortunately recording of permission is not avaialbe in NAV 2015 and it is available in NAV 2016 where you can record the permission when user process the transactions.