how to hide Objects based on user roles?

Hello All,

I am working one NAV 2009, I have created one page and deployed. Now I want to make that page visible to user who having specific role.

Can anybody please tell me how to hide page, report etc in RTC for specific user roles. Also I want to know can we hide one particular module e.g. Resource Planning for particular user.

Please help!

Regards.

If you have not added this page to Menusuite and just want to show to people using a specific role centre, then you need to add that page to that role centre.

Role Centre are the pages in the range 9000 to 9019, they determine the Naigation Pane (Menu ) visible to the user.

Hi Dhan Raj,

Currently when I start RTC, Role Center (Id 9006) is showing. Can you please tell me

1. How its showing 9006 Role Center on start up i.e. from where we can set this?
  2. How do we customize role center what to show and what to not, based on user role?

Regards.

From Classic Client:

Administration>> Application Setup>> Role Tailored Client>> User Personalisation

You can change your role centre in this (Profile ID field).

Please see the following link, which will describe one of the example:

Hi Dhan Raj,

Now I am able to change my default Role Center Page. Thank you very much.

I have one more query regarding user role as I am still bit confused with it.

I have added one action on Employee List Page to run one report. Now can you please tell me how we can hide / show that action based on logged in user in RTC.

Please help!

Regards.

You the “Customize Actions” feature in RTC.

Following screenshot should make it clear:

8182.DUG.bmp (954 KB)