Upgrade of CU10 different Kernel and Application Version

Hi All,

I want to ask regarding after upgrading CU10 the Application and Kernel Version is different.

What will be the effect of this in Ax and how can I upgrade the application Version

Kernel Version: 6.3.3000.111

Application Version 6.3.164.0

Many Thanks,

Your application version is AX 2012 R3 without any update, which means that you failed to install the new application with CU10. Regarding instructions, Microsoft prepared Cumulative Update 10 Installation Guide for you.

Does it mean I need to do all the compilation again?

Here are the steps that I did during the upgrade.

MSDAX2012R3_CU10_UAT2 Checklist
Process Status Remarks
Create New Instance

Ongoing
Compile

Pending
Sync

Pending
Back up database

Pending
Download CU10

Is it possible if I have other server which has a kernel version 6.3.3000.111 and Application Version 6.3.3000.110(which CU10 was successfully installed)

Can I replicate this environment by restoring its database in my existing database?

Thank you

If you don’t have the updated code there, no compilation can install it. You would merely recompile your current code. You have to continue to steps Apply CU10 and Compile with CU10

You can move databases, but you have to take object IDs into account. Likely you would have to restore both modelstore and “data” databases from the other environment. Details depends on your specific situation, which hasn’t been explained to me. An important piece of documentation you have to understand is Deploying Customizations Across Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Environments.

Is it possible if I have other server which has a kernel version 6.3.3000.111 and Application Version 6.3.3000.110(which CU10 was successfully installed)

Can I replicate this environment by restoring its database in my existing database?

Thank you

You already asked this question and I already answered it.

Ah ok. How about the Sql credentials of the databases since it came from diff. server I need to add the user credential by adding Login in security?

What kind of credentials are you talking about? Do you mean AOS service credentials (if you’re using a different domain account for AOS in the other environment)?

And why did you start the upgrade if you don’t want to do now? Either you made a mistake by starting another upgrade, or you’re doing a mistake now by giving it up.

Hi Martin.

I what I did was restore the Database(with CU10 Successfully restored) in server that I need to upgrade then edit the credentials in SQL of the restored database because it has diff. credentials. Then that’s it. My other server has already CU10

Thanks Martin :slight_smile:

I have the same issue… Also AX Service is getting stopped when I am running a SSRS report… Does the different version could be the cause for the same