Too much space between "tables" in RTC reports

I have modified the sales invoice. Here I have added another table with information. A table which must print in the footer section of the invoice, but at the same time it’s a multi-line section (multiple lines of comments).

And that part works fine. The problem is that when I print the report then it inserts a large sections of empty space in between the table controls.

I have been looking at if I had too much space between the tables in the layout, or if I had to little. But I simply cannot find the formula to how to do it so that it prints without the spaces.

Am I really the only one getting this problem? I have basically had it on all my invoice designs with the RTC. I know it has something to do with the spaces between the tables, but I just can seem to find the answer to exactly where spaces are allowed and where they are not.

And how about the filters? Must tables have filters?

Could say that the real question is how to add a new table that either “flows” with the content and is relative to the previous content/table or have a table box which should be on a fixed location, no matter what other content is on the report.

Ok. I have finally got it to work.

And what I can say to this matter is that in order to prevent “accidental” empty spaces between tables in RTC report is the following:

All tables of variable length must have both a filter (Filters property) which allows the table to be printed AND they must have the Hidden (under Visibility) property set, and not just to true or false.

All lines/rows in the tables must also have the Hidden property set with a variable. And make sure that it’s the hidden property for the line/row, not just the field/column on the line/row.

Hi,

What do you mean by "All tables of variable length must have both a filter (Filters property) which allows the table to be printed "?

Thanks,

Sam

I have a situation where I have two tables very close together on the Visual studio layout. However when I print it through RTC there is a large gap between the tables. In the image below, the gap between 99H60421-733 and the 2nd Service Item Line Serial No. should not exist. I have “hidden” all of my tables used for the Page Header/Footer in the table, row and field properties of the cells. Any ideas?

Ok I got it. When you say filters, filter on lines that only have values. for some reason visual studio or the rtc likes to insert blank lines so this stops that from happening.