Stopped Purchase Order

Hi Guys,
I just have a few questions with regards to an error that we encountered here in WORX and possible tip that you can suggest to work around with this issue:

· One of the purchase order is currently under ‘In Review’ approval status, but according to the approver she has already approved it and is waiting for the status to update so that she can proceed with confirming the PO.

· Upon checking the PO → Actions → View History: The Workflow status is ‘STOPPED’ with the following description “Updating has been interrupted because there is an inventory transaction with the status Received.”

· Upon further checking, I found out that the Purchase Order items were already received and has a Product Receipt generated. And after comparing the receipt details vs the new order line, I found out that there were discrepancies between the items ordered, the quantity of items and the price.

Ex.

PRODUCT RECEIPT LINES

NEW PURCHASE ORDER LINES

Item

Qty

Amount

Item

Qty

Amount

Item A

Item A

Item B

Item B

Item C

Item C

Item D

The purchaser admitted that she edited the PO and resubmitted even if the item was already received L.

I tried cancelling the Product Receipt but this won’t work if the PO’s status is either DRAFT nor IN REVIEW. So I considered recalling the workflow so that the PO can go back to status ‘DRAFT’, then cancel the entire PO, but again this fails to work.

The items can be worked around as inventory movement adjustment but the PO will remain pending or in a draft state.

Have you encountered this error or do you have any suggestion on how can we work around this issue?

Dear Jomer,

Simple you approve the workflow process and change the status of PO form draft to approve.

once it is in approve status cancel the Product receipt for the quantity which is received, one the quantity is cancel you will be able to cancel entire PO.

for further assistance you can contact me on skype.

Hi Husain,

Thank you for looking in to the problem, however the workflow stops even if I already approved it (see error thrown below).

“Updating has been interrupted because there is an inventory transaction with the status Received.”

Dear Jomer,

as i said this is received items so cancel the product receipt of that PO and take the steps mentioned in my earlier post.