Site wise planning

Hi,

In AX2009 is it possible to do site wise master planning?

Srini

Yes you can plan by site, but run planning for all sites to plan by site due to the interdependencies.

Hi Adam,

i understood, but on doing master scheduling is there a place i would plan for particular site and on need basis plan for another site?

Where as in ax2009 if u run master scheduling it will take demand for all site and would give results. How to do for a one site only?

Srini

You should NEVER filter the planning it would give you incorrect results, if the replenishment rule is to transfer from A to B and you run planning for A then it cannot create the order from B so what does it do?

hi Albert

(In AX 2012)i dont have any inter site wise dependency so i request you let me know , how do i run scheduling site wise if i have two site (site 1 and site 2) where do i filter site before run the plan .hope i will get quick reply from your side

You add it under the select criteria of the MRP run as per standard AX filtering

Thanks a lot for reply

i have one another query how do i change the site or warehouse on planned production order which i run through the sales explosion , kindly suggest your solution

Well you would convert it and alter it - the issue is that your demand-supply chain has been broken and the next time you run planning it will tell you to make it again at the site you changed from. You need to consider why you are moving it and how you have the relationships setup up for supply. For example if it is suggesting site A and it should be site B then you need to set the system up so when demand is generated for the item it suggests a transfer from B to A and then suggests production on B.

Thanks for ur reply i used the coverage group and my issues now resolved ,

i have another query , if i wanted to block the purchase invoice as long as my quality order is open once the quality order status is change either failed or passed then only user can able to do the positing is it possible in AX 2012 ?? what setup requires to achieve this requirement???

Post this as a new question - it is completely off topic! New users simply will not read or answer this.

Thanks [:D]