Shoratge Note

Hi masters,

I created a purchase order for 100 PCS.

But Physicallt i received only 90 PCS ,but in vendor send the DC for 100 PCS.

So now i want to send the shortage note .

How to do this in Navision.

Throw some light on this.

Navision doesn’t have a standard report for this. You need to create one you self or get a developer to do it.

What’s DC ? but u can use Outstanding Order Stat. by P.O. in payable in Financial Mgt for this.

Hi Kapil,

Yes, but that’s not really a document you can send to the vendor, unless you don’t care about design (well I wouldn’t!).

It not common practice to have ‘Shortage Note’. Instead, you can issue a Purchase Receipt or Receipt Note (RN) or Goods Receipt Note (GRN), this is common to any industries.

As an alternative, after some purchase receipts, you may issue an outstanding purchase order status, filtered on specific vendor, and send them.

Yeah that is true, it needs modification for presentation. But surprisingly when I posted there was no response to this post. [:O] Now it looks u replied earlier than me. [:D]

thanks Experts,

i think that is the not correct solution.

when it comes to india , every company will prepare the shortage note against the what they received(less Qty).

we need to think about the solution our self.

Kapil you told that you need some modification.

can u suggest about that one.

I would suggest if this is a requirement it will be in the localisation. I would therefore suggest you post this question in the appropriate forum to get a better response. The only response you can get to this request outside of that forum is - “it is not standard, modify it” as to “how” that obviously needs you to understand the process and modify it appropriately. I would suggest if this is required by EVERY company in India then it will be in the localisation and you have no need to do anything.

That is quite simply untrue.

This might often happen if you take a long time to write your reply, whilst I only used very short time! [:)]

Really ?[8-)]

Like this lot of things MS india did not provide which is common to every company.

I request you just take visit to some comanies india.

then you will know. is it true or not.

David has worked across many companies in India, so he has the experience to make the statement.

For me, I will just simply make a handwriting, cross the quantity figure in the delivery order, put correct figure and write a note something like “delivery shortage of xx Pcs”. Of course, I give them the Receipt Note all together.

I ask the receiving or warehouse person to sign and put stamp, and ALSO ask the deliverer to sign. I take the original and I return the copy. That’s it … Finish. We do not need to establish a procedure if it’s not necessary.