Scheduling NAS

Is it possible ot schedule NAS like monthly basis. ? How can i acheive this?

Our company uses Dollar Universe from Orsyp to schedule all daily/weekly/monthly jobs and reports.

Hi Imran,

Not sure what you mean by scheduling NAS…
If you mean scheduling some job/report to run in NAV, then i would use the Job Queue for the actual scheduling, and start my NAS with the proper parameter to have it run the job Queue.
If you mean scheduling starting/stopping the NAS-service, then i have seen it done by simply using scheduled tasks in Windows to send a net stop/net start command.

We use a self developed solution like the Job Queue but with special functionalities for Error Handling e.g. via NAS.

Which kind of objects do you want to schedule?

My NAS is triggering to print some reports and it work fine. But i want to print the report once in a month. Not everyday. How can i do that? Thanks for your replies.

Hi Imran,

I think both Alexander Broz and i already suggested to you, what you could look into to achieve this scheduling.

But if you say that the NAS already prints the reports every day, then some sort of scheduling already happens.
How is that achieved?
Couldn’t you look into that, and maybe adjust it to extend the intervals?
(I mean… no need to reinvent the wheel, if you already have a wheel you can use with only minor adjustments)

I have a customer that also use a NAS to periodically print some reports.
This NAS also performs some batch-posting, imports and handles data from other systems and other stuff.
The scheduling of the individual tasks are done using the Job Queue.