Renumbering object 50000 to 75000

Renumbering object 50000 to 75000 with a report goes perfect. However, importing the new object 50000, following error “50000 already exists” appears. How can this be possible ? Best Regards, Mark Trouwborst LIMO Automatisering B.V. tel +31 (0)182 631 333

Guess the obvious answer is you did not succeed in renaming the object. Btw. depending on what version you are using, you can not have identical object names. Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

That’s abs. right above version 2.50 no double names allowed, but renaming is not the same as a different ID :wink: Best Regards, Mark Trouwborst LIMO Automatisering B.V. tel +31 (0)182 631 333

You are right about that Mark. I guess we need some more information from you, on what you are doing. What is the exact scenario? What type of objects? Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

RENAMING FORMS AND REPORTS (TABLE 20000000001) WITH FOLLOWING CAL CODE IN A REPORT: OnPreDataItem() venster.OPEN(‘ID: #1##############’); OnAfterGetRecord() venster.UPDATE(1, Object.ID); recObject := Object; recObject.RENAME(recObject.Soort, recObject.Bedrijfsnaam, recObject.ID + 20000); OnPostDataItem() venster.CLOSE; Best Regards, Mark Trouwborst LIMO Automatisering B.V. tel +31 (0)182 631 333

Why don’t you use the renumbering tool provided by Navision. It is included on the product cd and is a part of the compare toolkit. A manual is also available and it describes an easy way of renumbering. Good luck. Best Regards Gustav Jensen Billing Consultant

Ok, i have tried doing the same to recreate the error. But Navision allows me to import just fine after the rename in the renamed area. Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG