Wrong object ID

I imported an object but I can’t edit/delete it cause it’s ID isn’t supported by my develoepr license! Is there any way to remove it from database?

Hi, You just renumber the object id within the range of your developer license.But vice-versa is not possible.e.g. Report (ID-99000756 - Detailed Calculation) does not belong to our developer license.We can rename this id to id within the range of our developer license but when we try to rename it again with the original(i.e. 99000756),it is not possible.

Maybe if you would export all objects except this object and import these in a new database. I think It could be possible to then restore a data only back-up in this new dtabase. But I’m not sure.

quote:

Originally posted by Rajeshj
Hi, You just renumber the object id within the range of your developer license.But vice-versa is not possible.e.g. Report (ID-99000756 - Detailed Calculation) does not belong to our developer license.We can rename this id to id within the range of our developer license but when we try to rename it again with the original(i.e. 99000756),it is not possible.

I can’t rename the object cause I have no permissions to do something with it except open [V]

You must be able to reneme the object. I did it several times to look into the “forbiden” object. Just place the cursor on object number, press F2, retype the number and move the cursor up or down.

Hi Jozef

quote:

Originally posted by jkiss
You must be able to reneme the object. I did it several times to look into the “forbiden” object. Just place the cursor on object number, press F2, retype the number and move the cursor up or down.

I just tried that. No way! “… Your rights…” bye André

Ok, this is what you have to do: 1. Highlight the line of the object in question in the object designer 2. Press Ctrl.-C to copy into clipboard 3. Press Ctrl.-V to paste back into object designer 4. A couple of error messages appear - ignore them 5. The system will insert the same object with same ID and name a second time into list of objects 6. Before leaving the line, change the ID to some ID within your range AND change the name to be different from the original object name 7. Press UP or DOWN to leave the line 8. Go to your newly created object and EDIT Regards.

quote:

Originally posted by mschenk
Ok, this is what you have to do: 1. Highlight the line of the object in question in the object designer 2. Press Ctrl.-C to copy into clipboard 3. Press Ctrl.-V to paste back into object designer 4. A couple of error messages appear - ignore them 5. The system will insert the same object with same ID and name a second time into list of objects 6. Before leaving the line, change the ID to some ID within your range AND change the name to be different from the original object name 7. Press UP or DOWN to leave the line 8. Go to your newly created object and EDIT Regards.

It works! Cool hint! Don’t tell it to the OTHERS[;)]. bye André

I don’t need to edit this object but I need to remove it from my database !!!

Hi Athur

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur

Yep. This was OFFTOPIC but cool. Sorry. Perhaps a restore of an older backup is really the only way for you [xx(]. bye André

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
Hi Jozef I just tried that. No way! “… Your rights…” bye André

You are right, I used this metod with copy paste and rename to copy out the object. Realy the system does not allow to delete an object [:(]

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur

The question will be why you need to remove it??? well… anyways… way to do it. 1) Make a full backup of your database (objects and data common to all applications too). 2) Create a new empty database. 3) Restore the backup using custom restore and choosing all data common to all applications and all companies, BUT NO OBJECTS. 4) Import all objects again excepting the ones you don’t want on your database. (Tools->Object designer->Import and when prompted for the file just choose the .fbk backup file you’ve created previously). Remember to first click on “Replace All” and then go to the objects you’re not wanting to have and choose skip on them. Remember that when you’re removing an object you can have errors in other objects in the application that are trying to use those objects. Regards,

Nice idea … I’ve already done this while upgrading the database to 3.60 … but anyway thank you [;)]