Purchase Order invoices not displayed while posting

Hi everyone

In ax 2009 , after posting purchase order the invoice number is not printed

This error is for certain purchase orders but for other purchase order the invoice number is getting printed after posting

Can anyone please help me with this error and how to solve

Unfortunately we don’t see any error. Could you add it, please?

usually after posting a purchase order, invoice number gets printed automatically right, but for some purchase orders, after posting the invoice number is not printed automatically. How to solve it?

Hmm, does it mean that you don’t get any error message and your statement (“this error is for certain purchase orders”) refers just to the behavior of not getting an expected report?

Which print destination are you talking about? Don’t vendors of the problematic orders use some other print destination?

Post Screen Shots.If you are new in group make sure steps are mentioned very clear…

After posting invoice for a purchase order invoice no not displayed

Oh, so it’s not about printing at all? The fact that you always mentioned printing suggested something else.

What you’re looking at is a dialog where you specify parameters for invoice posting, therefore it’s before posting. It’s not the result of a posting.

Maybe you’re talking about second partial posting the same order, but you never said that. It’s very difficult to help you if you don’t tell us what you’re doing.,…

when I select a specific purchase order → click on posting->invoice, then I want invoice box to be filled with invoice no, but the box is empty as shown above… am not getting how to resolve this?

further to add,there is a field packing slip as well , which is filled with a number , so I want that invoice field to be filled with that packing slip number

(plz refer above screen shot)

for certain purchase orders invoice field is filled with no same as the packingslip no but for some purchase orders it is empty…

so how to resolve ?

Hi Mr.Sani,

Thanks For screen shot …

Questions from my side!

1.Is invoice number field is editable for you please check. Because as far as i remember you need to enter invoice number at the time of invoicing.

(If you need Auto number sequence there then you may need to do customization .But check with functional if standard setup is there.)

1. If its not editable check if they have customized somewhere and if customized setup is there in your client.

Hi Mr Manas, Yes,invoice field is editable, and whether it is editable or not , I want the invoice field to be filled with a value same as packing slip ,

Should I create a job or class

Which method to use

could Anyone please help me out??

Hi Mr.Sani,

As i mentioned in my above email you can Au populate invoice number via setup but if you need exact same number as that of Packing slip number

then you can type it manually or if you need automize you can write code in Init event or in insert method of respective parm table

can u send me the code?