Production and finance (how to set dummmy account number)

hi all

I am new to production module.We have not using the general ledger modules(finance ) module as of now.I had to set a dummy account for picking and finish posting.can any one tell how to set dummy account for these (picking and finished journals.

You can setup production accounts to the Item Groups in the production tab.

In that you will be having two group.

1. Item in Process - the accounts will be affected when the physical inventory posting are enabled in the system.

Picking List - the raw material amount consumed in this production process will be posted this account.(its an Inventory account)

Picking List Offset - If offsets the above account(Its an consumption account)

Report as finished - the estimated cost of the production will be posted in to(Inventory account)

Report as finished Offset- the estimated cost of the production will be posted in to(Offsets the above aaccount)

the above entires will be posted when the production order is reported as finished

when the you end the production these entries will be reversed and posted to actual accounts specified in the Costing tab.

Issue and issue offset are like - pickinglist and picking list offset

Receipt and Receipt Offset are line - Report as finished and Report as finished offset - the only diff is original cost will be posted these accounts.

I have explained you the nature of accounts and when they get posted. based on that you can setup the dummy accounts.

Hope you understood…

Kranthi,

I am a learner in dynamicsAx.I still doestnt understand your answer

That is the basic understanding, and you can add work centre posting or cost category or production groups into this.

If you do not understand the post which tells you the accounts you need and how to specify them then I am not sure what you want? Do you want me to say create a new ledger account and put it everywhere?

Go to the item group, look at the production tab, read the manual and then tell us what you do not understand. But if you have no accounts integration do you need any analysis - clearly not, not sure what or why you are doing it or what the impact will be of having say one global account.

Kranthi,

I have set all the accounts in production - Items in process and under in costing also.

My problem is when I go to the transaction of accounts linked to Items in process, it is not showing any transaction. (Picking List, Report As Finished, Picking List offset account, Reported as finished offset account. These accounts are not showing any transactions.)

But in all other account under inventory and also in costing under Production is displaying all transaction we have done.

can you help us to solve the headache?

Abdul rahman

You need to enable some parameters so that the system will post the transaction into these account

see this http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/p/40504/207606.aspx#207606…

Thank you,

Your suggestion solved the problem.

Thank you for your valuable help