picking list production posting ledger

Dear all,

I post picking list and RAFproduction. The ledger voucher after posting is blank.

The ledger only posting in end production.

Does any one know why ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

The picking list and RAF will create ledger entries if the items have costs. I would suggest you look at your costing setup and what was physically posted.

Hi Adam,

I still can’t post the ledger,

Here i attach my costing setup

From those setup , do i miss something ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

Hi,

What is the item model group setup?

Regards,

Lee

Hi, lee

here is item model setup

thanks in advance

regards

Rudy

Are the production parameters set to post in ledger? Does the production order have a posted pick list or attached BOM? You will understand that everyone using production in AX successfully posts picking lists to the ledger (if they want) [:D]

Hi Adam,

• Yes the production parameters set to post in ledger

• Yes the production order have a posted pick list or attched BOM

But i still couldn’t posted to the ledger .

Go to the posted pick. Confirm the line field is not blank and posted is ticked.

Go to the lines of the pick and select the stock button and transactions. Go to the Update tab and define the Physical cost amount of each line.

Then go to Inquiries and Production Posting and confirm there is no material consumption cost. If there is press stock and voucher transactions - if there is a cost there will be an entry here.

Hi,

Now i can post the pickintg list to the ledger.

Now the problem is i do not see the ledger when i post the report as finished.

what should i check ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

So what did you change?

What is your costing in Production - Actual or Estimated?

Are you saying after RAF you look at production posting and there is no cost? What is the costing method of the finished product?

Hi,

Now , the RAF already post to ledger, after i click the use estimation cost price in production parameter.

But when posting the RAF to ledger the value use estimation cost. how can i use the actual cost.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

Well if it posted nothing when your actual is set it shows your actual is 0, hence nothing to post. It will depend in part on your costing method and costing version, you will need to look at these to analyse your actual costs through the processing, and then there is the item record and the cost you have defined there and whether you are updating it based on transactions. Then there is the inventory close which would update it anyway to the actual once the end process is run and the true costs are known (which also changes as purchase invoices are processed).

Hi Adam,

I still don’t understand. I’ve already set the cost version. First time i set the planned cost, then i block the planed cost and block the activation. Then i create standard cost version. When post the RAF the amount still post in estimation amount, but when i post the End stage the amount post in actual amount.

I still confuse how to set up when i post the RAF in actual amount. ( I still new comer for production module in Ax 2012).

FYI : I use FIFO method in my item model,

The cost group , and calculation is still the same that i set before in this posting.

Can you show me the step ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

1. If the item group is FIFO you need a Planned Cost Active Costing Version. Standard is for Standard costed items.

2. Your Costing Version should have a fall back principle of Active

3. Do not define your parent item in teh costing version, instead go to the items “Manage Costs” fast tab and enter the “cost” of your parent in the “price” field.

4. Set Production to Actual. Will use teh items cost defiend in 3 on RAF and then reverse to actual at END.

5. An alternative is to define teh actual cost in teh costing version and activate it, then it will use that cost.

Hi Adam,

I still don’t understand. I’ve already set the cost version. First time i set the planned cost, then i block the planed cost and block the activation. Then i create standard cost version. When post the RAF the amount still post in estimation amount, but when i post the End stage the amount post in actual amount.

I still confuse how to set up when i post the RAF in actual amount. ( I still new comer for production module in Ax 2012).

FYI : I use FIFO method in my item model,

The cost group , and calculation is still the same that i set before in this posting.

Can you show me the step ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

1. It posts the estimated cost as the Production Parameter is set that way.

2. You are confused, there is no need to have a standard cost version - it is ONLY for standard costed items, forget about it, you have said yours are FIFO.

3. In your planned cost costing version do you have an ACTIVE line for your parent item? If you do not you need to be aware of the fallback principle.

4. Get someone who does understand it to sit down with you - walking through teh entire costing setup of AX is not something we can do in this manner.

Hi,

“Then i create standard cost version. When post the RAF the amount still post in estimation amount, but when i post the End stage the amount post in actual amount.”

Try to use FIFO fixed receipt price. Mark the fixed receipt price on item model group.

Regards,

Lee

Hi all,

I’ve already test it using the step above, but still post it in estimation cost. if i uncheck the estimation in parameter setup, the RAF didn’t post any ledger. So i think it is only post in estimation amount when RAF and reverse it in ended production and post it in actual amount. Or may be i miss some setting in this.

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

The posting parameter of “Actual” is on the Finished Goods process at RAF. If it is posting at 0 your item card has zero, or the associated entry in the planned cost costing version is activated at 0 - depending upon what your costing version fall back principle is (which you have never told us). I am not convinced you understand the costing setup so please tell us about your costing version and item costs with screen shots.