Proces stock movements

We are using NAV 5.0 since 01-10-09 and I’m assigned to write the proces of stock movements from the beginning till the end, to understand the system better. The problem is that we don’t have any manual of the NAV system, which I’m urgently searching for, because I have only three weeks to write this proces.

May be someone can help out of this problem, because I think why to invent the wheel if may be someone has already done it. So what I’m looking for is:

1. The proces of stcok movements

2. Manuals of NAV 5.0 in PDF

Thanx in advance

Hi,

Just login to Customer Source and load everything you need or look at training.

Hi Chocka and welcome to forum,

Navision manuals as such simply doesn’t exist - neither hardcopy, nor electronic…

What does exist - some documentation on DVD, but, as Navision customer, you have access to MS extranet site CustomerSource, where you can read/download tons of info, including learning courseware free of charge, while you are on active Maintenance plan, and you are, as first year it is mandatory.

Ask your Partner to connect your company to CS, if it hasn’t been done already - it’s their direct duty to do this, I wonder why they themselves haven’t informed you about this site.

You have been live for 8 months. I am going to assume someone is processing stock movements. Sit with them, watch what they do and document it [:D]

Where can I find the entrance or do you may have a link for me, thanx.

Found this : http://community.dynamics.com/

just go to microsoft partner/customer source site and you will get the information you seek.

All the best[:)]

By this link https://mbs.microsoft.com/userinfo/associateaccount.aspx I get an error

The Windows Live ID cannot be connected to a MS Dynamics Profile, enter your mailaddress if you try to connect for the first time with PartnerSource of CustomerSource by your Windows Live ID.

After giving my Windows Live ID mailaddress, I get another error that my mailaddress isnot know by the database.

What to do next?

you have to the give the mail address that has been given to you to access this site,and not any oridinary id!

did you use that?

No, I used my private Windows Live ID. But than I need to find someone who can give access to the site within our organisation. Thanx for your reply

Your Partner! I told it you alerady - they know how to do it and it’s their duty to help you in this process…

For first connection (user) you use the email account stated in your license agreement, create and administrative account, then log in as this user, and you’ll be able to send invitations to join for other your employees yourself. You can create as much user accounts as you need, and set for them different access rights to CS site.

And you CAN link your existing LiveID afterwards.

Our IT department is handling the CS entrance with our partner.

But in the meanwhile, I try to find whats possible with NAV in automated proces way of think. Because now we are doing to much manual, recording to my idea. After the PO is released and send by mail to the warehouse, the warehouse print it out and goes checking what items need to be ordered or not. May be, there is a way within NAV to do this more automated by the systeem instead of now doing it by hand. We mostly ordering items based on PO and try to hold a safety marge of items if knowned.