printer troubles

Hello, We came across a difficult problem we do not get an answer for : if we print a report to a screen, then I looks good on the screen. However if we print that very same report to a printer, then depending on the printer and the operating system of the printing pc, we get different results varying from text on the right side not being printed, to adding an extra white page in between two pages. Are there any people out there you suffered the same troubles? And/or fixed them? thx in advance, Kathleen Alliët

We have lot of problem with printers in 2.6F …

Hi If there are different operating systems involved, they probably have different drivers and that is always a problem…

Make sure you choose the same printer when preview and print. If you preview in one printer, then after preview, you decided to print to a different printer, it is very likely margins being cut off.

Hi, I did have the sames printer when preview and print. We’ve being trying to sort out where we get this problem and we came to a few following conclusions (but with no answer…) We get this problem if f.i. we put an itemname with more then 262 characters on a report. Then all the underlying itemnames are printed with loss of characters. Really weird. But this doesn’t happen on a Windows XP system. It also happens if we force the report to be a portrait report. Did anyone experience this problem? thx, Kathleen Alliët

Sometimes, Its best to use a generic printer driver. Some of the Manufacturers reccommend you use HP driver as it has all the options that are needed. Some of the other drivers have info coming back and forth on all sorts of things, very confusing…